Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Job Description secretary
To provide direct secretarial support to the team as directed to enable the fee earner to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The legal secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative and provide service excellence to external and internal clients at all times
Key tasks, duties and quality standards in meeting department purpose/objectives:
1. Type work as dictated or requested by the fee earner(s) using digital dictation system, case management system and Microsoft Word or other applications, as applicable
2. Create new clients, matters and contacts in the database with full and accurate data, in line with procedures
3. Ensure that all typed work is accurate and proof-read before being handed to the fee earner
4. Prepare correspondence, documents and enclosures as applicable ready for signature/checking and ensure that all enclosures are attached to the main document ready for posting, faxing or emailing
5. Ensure that signed correspondence is sent promptly to the Post Room
6. Assist in the personal organisation of fee earners using a computerised diary and task management system to ensure that no key dates, deadlines, tasks and appointments are missed by the fee earner
7. Communicate in a courteous and professional manner with clients, other contacts and internal staff on the telephone and by email, relaying messages and providing assistance where possible
8. Make appointments and book meeting rooms, refreshments, arrange travel and accommodation, etc as required
9. Prompt administration of files such as opening and closing, billing, recording undertakings, archiving, etc, as directed by the fee earner
10. Filing, both paper and electronic (to Proclaim), and keeping same up to date
11. Comply at all times with Fentons internal procedures as set out in the staff handbook
12. Comply at all times with all relevant legislation and regulations as directed by the firm
13. In all dealings with clients and others, internally and externally, behave professionally, helpfully and courteously at all times and ensure the positive representation of the firm
14. Work as part of a team when work is requested by any other fee earner within the company, to ensure that work is delivered in a timely manner
15. Photocopying documents as required.
16. Supporting other fee earners and secretaries when required
1. Excellent organisational skills
2. Experience of a case manager system (preferably Proclaim or similar)
3. Experience of case management systems
4. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word
5. Word Processing qualification equivalent to RSA Stage II or higher
6. Advanced word processing skills (tracking, outline/multilevel numbering, tables, etc)
7. Audio typing qualification or experience
8. Smart appearance
9. Team player
10. Professional and helpful manner
11. Spanish and French
1. RSA or equivalent Word Processing qualification to Stage III
2. Experience or knowledge of databases
3. Experience of Excel
4. Experience of PowerPoint
5. Italian and German