Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Job Description Solicitor Business Litigation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain the firm’s reputation of providing a quality legal service to clients to the
firm’s standards as laid down in Office Manual and department procedures.
2. Abide by Law Society Practice Rules and administrative procedures.
3. Maintain client files as required for supervision/audit.
2. Deliver quality of work expected of a qualified solicitor, including (amongst other
things) providing accurate legal advice and commercially driven tactics.
3. Handle a caseload commensurate to a qualified solicitor.
4. Further develop advocacy skills.
5. Further develop drafting and negotiating skills.
6. Bill an amount commensurate to a qualified solicitor.
7. Follow internal procedures.
8. Team work, including assisting more junior file handlers with cases.
9. The key areas of law (amongst others) which the solicitor will handle are commercial
disputes, property disputes, construction disputes, debt collection, shareholder
disputes and partnership disputes
4. Take initial case details from clients as requested, and discuss with supervisor whether to take on the case.
5. Attend court and provide advocacy services where appropriate.
6. Make appropriate use of barristers/expert witnesses.
7. Attend and make contributions at all departmental meetings.
8. Implement tasks as delegated and report back promptly to supervisor.
9. Provide support to other file handlers.
10. Act as an able, competent representative of the firm in outside dealings and court appearances.
11. Reply to all phone messages within one working day.
12. Take part in marketing initiatives and endeavour to win new clients/business.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Client Care, including (amongst other things) managing the funding of cases, conflict
searches, money laundering ID checks, letters of engagement and managing the