Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Job description Director of Accounting-2
To provide maintenance, process controls, and accuracy for the financial reporting of the organisation. The Director of Accounting is expected to be knowledgeable in all accounting and auditing issues and to make recommendations to the V.P. & CFO and the President regarding the application of current accounting principles.
1. Perform daily accounting functions, including maintenance of clear and accurate financial records and regular reporting to the V.P. & CFO.
2. Collect, analyze, and record information for allocation of costs to operating facilities.
3. Provide financial controls, including the preparation of account roll-forwards and reconciliations.
4. Research, conclude, and post journal entries related to the agency’s accounts, cash management, deposits, etc.
5. Prepare and collect support for monthly closes, financial statement footnotes and external auditors.
6. Other duties, commensurate with experience, that support and help improve overall efficiency of the department.
7. Maintain and conduct all matters in a highly confidential manner.
8. Practice proactive and effective identification and solving of problems.
9. Maintain an accepting attitude toward change.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by V.P. / CFO and President.
1. Work with the Vice President/Chief Financial Officer in developing program objectives and specific goals for the Business Office.
2. Maintain clear and accurate financial records and report them on a regular basis to the Vice President/Chief Financial Officer.
3. Maintain payroll for all employees.
4. Prepare biweekly payroll.
5. Prepare payments for benefit plans as needed (insurance, annuity, life, etc.)
6. Maintain annuity records on all employees.
7. Prepare monthly reports as required by the State [ie Department of Labor and Employment Security).
8. Prepare annual reports (i.e. Corporation Annual Report, Florida Department of State, U.S. Department of Commerce, Insurance Department of the State of Florida, etc.)
9. Supervise receipt of miscellaneous income in the State Office and prepare deposits for all income. Verify deposits with receipts.
10. Supervise entry of all journal entries into the computer system (i.e. receipts, adjustments, payroll, etc.)
11. Maintain gift annuity contract files.
12. Supervise entry of or enter acquisition and disposal of fixed assets into the asset system.
13. Supervise preparation of or prepare monthly depreciation reports, prepare and post journal entry.
14. Prepare weekly financial reports for the President and Vice President/ Chief Financial Officer.
15. Prepare financial records as requested by the Vice President/Chief Financial Officer.
16. Prepare and verify monthly financial statements.
17. Assist in preparation of annual budget.
18. Secure repairs for the State Office building as required.
19. Maintain files on:
a. All Trust Accounts
b. All property and taxes
c. All Vehicles
d. Company documents
20. Process property and casualty claims.
21. Prepare bank reconciliation of General Operating Account and other accounts.
22. Continue improvement of personal skills with computers and accounting practices.
a. Accounts payable process including coding of all invoices, preparation for payment,
printing and mailing of checks weekly and filing paid invoices.
b. Processing of gift annuity payments.
c. Preparation of monthly reports and processing of payments
d. Reconciliation of petty cash accounts.
e. Ordering of office supplies.
f. Administration of maintenance contracts for office equipment in the State Office.
25. Perform other duties as requested by the Vice President/Chief Financial Officer.