Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Primarily a customer service position. Cashiers receive and disburse money using electronic scanners, cash registers, and related equipment. They process credit, debit, gift card, cash and corporate account transactions. Cashiers are also responsible for maintaining the store image and answering customer inquiries.
• Greet customers entering establishments.
• Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
• Compute and record totals of transactions.
• Tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
• Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
• Post charges against corporate accounts.
• Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
• Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
• Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
• Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
Job Duties as a Cashier
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
• Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
• Request information or assistance using paging systems.
• Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
• Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records
A good standard of education.
Cash-handling and general accounts experience.
• enjoy practical work
• an eye for detail
• able to work without supervision