Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Job duties for a Receptionist
Provides administrative support to the network office by performing the following duties.
• Answers incoming telephone calls; transfers as appropriate.
• Checks nightline voice mail for messages each morning.
• Welcomes visitors; determines nature of visit & contacts the appropriate person.
• Retrieves mail daily; sorts and distributes; receives Fed Ex, UPS, etc., notifies recipient of package via email.
• Orders and restocks supplies.
• Checks fax machine throughout the day; alerts recipient of fax via email.
• Maintains copy equipment; ensures copier is full of paper at all times.
• Maintains upkeep of all conference rooms (check in a.m. and p.m.)
• Schedules conference rooms for gmc staff.
• Keeps kitchen in order; unloads/loads dishwasher; checks status on office supplies weekly.
• Provides backup communication support to Viewer Services (assist with answering emails & reporting).
• Takes on projects from other departments as needed (routine research from the internet, spreadsheets).
• Performs other related duties and task as needed or assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent verbal & writing skills required. Experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and ability to work independently with little or no supervision required. Must be well organized and possess ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Office Suite including word processing software; spreadsheet software; and internet software.
Certificates and Licenses
No certifications needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.