Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Job duties for Receptionist
Day to day responsibility for the operation of the Reception area.
• The day to day management of the Reception area and the provision of a friendly and efficient first point of contact with parents and the public.
• Maintaining a record of visitors and managing the issue/return of visitors’ badges.
• The efficient operation of the switchboard and responding to all internal/external queries including taking messages efficiently.
• Responding to email enquiries.
• Maintenance of morning/afternoon registration records.
• Maintaining the Fire drill list.
• To ensure sufficient up to date marketing materials are stocked and displayed in the Reception area and meeting room.
• Providing secretarial and administrative support to the staff.
• To maintain accurate records and filing systems.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent verbal & writing skills required. Experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and ability to work independently with little or no supervision required. Must be well organized and possess ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Office Suite including word processing software; spreadsheet software; and internet software.
Certificates and Licenses
No certifications needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• To manage and update the ParentMail database.
• To update the MIS system for contact details.
Transport bookings and the maintenance of the associated records.
• Assistance with all mailings.
• Providing assistance within other areas of the Secretariat when work loads require and permit