Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Free Job Description Journalist
Source, research and write sports news relating to county and local teams, accurately, concisely and within title deadline.
• Write sports stories and features concisely which are informative, accurate
and unique whilst adhering to title style
• Ensure all sports stores are in with any editing revisions by title deadline
• Research sports stories / features for publication maintaining editorial standards
• React to any breaking sports stories ensuring appropriate internet / print coverage
• Come up with and develop ideas for stories and spo
rts features which will be of interest to local audiences
• Build contacts to maintain a flow of sports news in local community
• Create and upload news content for website as necessary
• Work closely with the editorial team within and across titles, producing articles where required for sister publications and supplements
• Page make-up for publication
• Help raise the Company profile within the community and to represent the Company publicly when required
• Network within the sporting community to generate ideas and maintain up to date knowledge for new sports stories
• Keep up to date with trends and technological developments in the industry
Health and Safety
• To be aware of and adhere to all Health, Fire and Safety Procedures and to
remain vigilant to possible risks and ensure that anything of a suspicious
nature is reported to management.
• Maintain professional, business-like appearance, dress code, personal hygiene, and conduct.
• Present a supportive, positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the job, the
company and colleagues at all times
• Attend all meetings and training courses requested by Title Editor or Human
• Continuously seek to improve your department’s efficient operation and standards.
• To be fully conversant with business and to take every opportunity to promote
the business ensuring the reputation of the Company is upheld at all times.
• Responsibility to maintain any equipment (such as camera) and property
issued by the Company as part of their employment in good and proper order.
Key Performance Results
• Excellent written English; creative, clear, concise and grammatically correct
• The ability to continually find and write sports news and stories of interest to
local audiences which are engaging, informative and unique, that sets the
sports agenda for the region, in the appropriate style for print title and online
• Ability to produce accurate work to required deadlines
• Stays up to date with technology and applies technical knowledge to benefit of
• Proactively seeks to develop the sports sections of the website
• Enthusiasm to learn and develop; demonstrates ability to take feedback and
actively act on
• Possesses an up to date knowledge of newspaper libel
• Able to comfortably network within all areas of the sporting community
• Maintain effective working relationships within and across work teams
For a sports journalist
Relevant Knowledge and Experience
Effective reporting skills; interviewing, writing, proof-reading
Up to date with IT technology and applications including social networking / media / web applications
Keen interest in sports / news / current affairs / culture
Skills and Competencies
Excellent written English; able to write creatively, clearly and concisely
Good core research /investigative and copy writing skills
Ability to exercise sound judgement when selecting and writing stories
Innovative / Inquisitive
High standard of accuracy
Strong people skills
Excellent interpersonal, presentation, organisational and communication skills
Comfortable networker / talking to others (face – face and over the telephone)
Able to build and maintain effective working relationships
Able to work calmly under pressure
Able to effectively plan and prioritise
work schedule to meet deadlines
Meticulous attention to detail
Audience awareness and
Strong work ethic
Pleasant and Courteous
Professional Approach to Work
Respects self and has respect for
management and team
Able to generate ideas and use
Adaptable to change when required
Flexible to work to business needs
• Ensure a good working relationship with players and professionals and other sports as required by the Company
• Seek out investigative stories via contacts, press releases and other media
• Attend county and local matches, along with other sporting events in the community
• Conduct interviews of players/ coaches / managers at all levels and different sports by telephone or face – face
• Attend press conferences as required
• Respond professionally to enquiries / complaints from the general public
• Write teasers for internet, and use social / web media to promote the title and
communicate with the audience