Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Junior Lawyer Job Description
Under supervision of the Legal Services Manager, the post holder as part of the legal team will be responsible for contributing to the provision of a comprehensive legal service on its liabilities, obligations and in the identification of risks, to allow the work of the Agency to be undertaken within the appropriate legal structure
• Solicitor or barrister qualified to practise in England & Wales with a right to conduct
litigation in the courts of England and Wales (essential)
• Have at least a 2:1 degree or evidence of similar ability. Capable of analysing problems
rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgement as well as academic
• Have experience in conducting and managing litigation confidently with limited
supervision and have a sound understanding and awareness of litigation processes and
the application of civil procedure rules (essential)
• Sound staff management experience (desirable)
• A good knowledge of public and administrative law, including human rights issues and
judicial review or a clear ability to acquire the necessary knowledge within a short
space of time (desirable)
• Good working knowledge of competition and/or consumer law (desirable)
• Ability to grasp quickly and accurately new and complex concepts and areas of law
• Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team (essential)
• Ability to balance priorities and co-ordinate work effectively in order to meet deadlines
and deal with high workloads (essential)
• Sound written and oral communication skills to give authoritative advice and influence
colleagues and external stakeholders (essential)
• Aptitude for project management and leadership skills to ensure delivery of litigation
• Ability to deliver training to other colleagues (desirable)
• Advise and assist on legal matters in connection with activities.
• Assist with ensuring that the conforms to statutory requirements and that any areas of action or improvement are highlighted in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Provide support to teams in documenting grant funding arrangements.
• Negotiate terms and conditions for the Agency with external suppliers.
• Work with the Legal Services Manager to ensure legal best practice, efficiency and effectiveness of procedures and methodologies of the Agency.
• Produce relevant reports.
• Supervise the management of all legal documentation for the legal team.
• Provide training in legal matters for Agency officers.
• Conduct research on legal issues for the legal team
• Assist the Legal Services Manager in managing the Panel of Solicitors
Officers will look to the post holder for legal advice and direction. The postholder will make decisions, using their professional judgment and consulting as appropriate with senior members of the legal team, on the implementation and documentation of Agency Projects.
Planning and Organising
The post holder will assist the Legal Services Manager to ensure that all aspects of legal work associated with the Regional Economic Strategy, Corporate Plan and Strategic Investment Plan are properly addressed during implementation.
The postholder will be responsible for legal updating to ensure that the legal team (and where appropriate Agency officers) are kept up to date with legal developments.
The postholder will be responsible for the content of the Legal pages on the Agency’s intranet