Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Junior Software Engineer job description
• To develop high-volume, high-performance, high-availability, service-oriented applications using proven Java and Perl frameworks and technologies.
• To develop scalable RESTful web-services.
• To develop reusable libraries and APIs for use across the .
• To write unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality
• To write concise yet comprehensive technical documentation
Knowledge of Java and/or Perl, Java frameworks and technologies, developing, and integrating with RESTful, web-services and message based services is desirable. Additionally, an understanding of high-volume, high-availability, scalable, well abstracted, service oriented software is desired.
• To liaise with the product manager and technical lead to explore and suggest appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features as well as monitoring technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance
• To work with system administrators, information architects and client web-app developers to deliver fast, dynamic web propositions
• To work with test engineers to resolve issues and improve the stability of systems
• To work with all relevant parties on the deployment of services to the live site and all intermediate hosting environments
• To be responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all online output.
• To monitor work against the production schedule closely and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to the senior developers on a regular basis
• To work to the policy on Health and Safety
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Demonstrable software development experience
• Understanding of fundamental software engineering concepts e.g. algorithms, concurrency
• Working knowledge of Unix based systems e.g. Linux, Solaris
• Experience of delivering to deadlines
• A passion for learning
• A desire to build a successful software engineering career in the digital media industry
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
• Object-oriented design and development, test driven development, relational database systems, high performance systems, distributed systems
• Experience using MySQL including schema design, SQL performance analysis and tuning
• Experience of contributing to open-source projects
• Experience of building or using RESTful interfaces
• Experience interfacing with multiple web services, feeds and APIs
• Use of message-queues (e.g. ActiveMQ) and real-time messaging protocols (e.g. XMPP)
• Experience of working with code repositories (e.g.: SVN, GIT), bug tracking tools (e.g. Jira) and Wikis (e.g. Confluence)
• Knowledge of output and the potential for interactive technologies to enhance the offering
Ability to simplify complex problems or projects into component parts, exploring and evaluating them systematically, and identifying and resolving problems.
Ability to present sound arguments that convince others of their point of view. Able to form effective working relationships with a wide range of contacts both within FM&T and across the wider .
Ready and able to take initiative, taking a proactive approach to work without close supervision.
Ability to get their message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
Collaborative and constructive attitude and approach when working with project and discipline teams. Proactive attitude to utilising downtime to the benefit of the discipline or project team.
Able to pay attention to detail and manage workload whilst maintaining levels of performance under the pressure of challenging deadlines.