Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Law Secretary job description
Under general supervision, performs difficult and highly responsible sensitive and confidential legal secretarial work for attorneys in the Legal Services department; and performs related duties as assigned.
Legal Secretaries perform a variety of difficult and highly responsible legal secretarial and administrative support tasks in a legal department which provides legal consultation and advice and representation services.
1. Transcribes and types legal pleadings, contracts, leases, agreements, resolutions, licenses and a wide variety of other legal forms, correspondence, reports and documents from dictation, rough copy or notes, with minimum supervision by an attorney; prepares and assembles information into proper legal form following established procedures or general instructions; proofreads and corrects forms, documents and pleadings in order to assure accuracy of records and entry of information.
2. Keeps current on filing and service time limits and deadlines; calendars appointments, meetings, hearings, depositions, court appearances and document and filing deadlines for attorneys, using an electronic calendar system; types requests for production of legal documents; copies, mails, faxes, and arranges delivery of documents and exhibits; reserves conference rooms and coordinates arrangements including catering for meetings, conferences and training sessions.
3. Creates and maintains a variety of legal files in order to provide easy access to records with limited direction or supervision; maintains active litigation/hearing, work and research files; archives files and purges inactive files in accordance with records retention schedule.
4. Answers and screens a high volume of telephone calls, providing information and handling issues that often require sensitivity and use of sound independent judgment; opens, logs and routes incoming and outgoing mail; makes and confirms conference and travel arrangements.
Law Secretary job description
1. Types and faxes cover memos, opinion letters and workbooks.
2. Files legal documents with applicable courts or administrative agencies.
3. Participates in developing handbooks and reference guides for use by other legal secretaries.
1. Legal terminology, forms, documents, and court/administrative agency rules, filing requirements and timeframes used in legal practice and proceedings.
2. Legal references materials and their contents.
3. Statutory deadlines for responding to and/or filing pleading documents.
4. Proper preparation of pleadings, briefs and legal forms.
5. Law office administrative practices and procedures.
6. Principles and practices of sound business communication.
7. Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
1. Operate a computer and word processing software and other standard office equipment.
2. Type accurately at 50 WPM.
3. Organize, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
4. Plan and make event arrangements, including facilities locations, food/refreshments, audio visual equipment set up and materials for distribution, with high attention to detail.
5. Interpret, apply, explain and reach sound decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, rules and policies.
6. Organize, research and maintain legal and office files and calendars with a high degree of accuracy.
7. Compose correspondence and prepare standard legal documents from brief instructions with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
8. Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
9. Prepare clear, accurate and concise records and reports.
10. Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
11. Deal with sensitive and difficult situations.
12. Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with executives, executives and legal counsel of agencies served by Legal Services, staff, outside legal counsel, litigants and claimants and others encountered in the course of work.
13. Must demonstrate attendance sufficient to complete the duties of the position as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent, and three years of secretarial or clerical experience in a law office; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Incumbents provide legal secretarial support to assigned attorneys and interact on behalf of attorneys with a wide variety of clients on legal matters that are often urgent and very sensitive in a varied and fast-paced environment. Work requires a thorough knowledge of legal procedures and terminology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.