Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Lawyer Free Job Description
To provide a cost effective and high quality legal service with a mixed caseload in
prosecution and civil litigation work.
· To effectively carry and have sole conduct for a mixed case load relating to prosecution and civil litigation work and a mix of other matters which may arise
· To advocate in appropriate hearings in civil and criminal matters to present the case to the highest standards including routine, uncontested or contested cases in the Magistrates or County Court with or without instructing counsel
· To draft all necessary pleadings and other documents and draft or input into Committee Reports as required
· Timely response to legal instructions to ensure these meet agreed performance targets.
· Drafting contracts agreements and deeds relating to all aspects of the business, instructions to Counsel and reports.
· To provide high level acurate legal advice and guidance to team members, client officers and members in all general property law matters and other general matters.
· Preparation of reports and attendance at meetings from time to time as directed.
· To periodically review all standard documents and ensure that they are up to date and assist the Corporate Legal Manager in making appropriate improvements in processes and procedures relevant to the section.
· To provide full, detailed and effective management information, includingcase updates as directed on a regular basis.
· To continue the development of performance standards and achievement of external accreditation.
· To compile, update and adhere to procedure notes and accredited practices.
· To attend client liaison meetings as required.
· Responsible for ensuring that the Management is appraised of changes in the law in the areas of responsibility.
To review and develop the services for which the postholder is responsible and manage to change, to achieve continuous improvement; to maintain agreed performance targets and to meet the requirements of value for money and the relevant performance management and inspection regimes.
To attend meetings as required
To ensure that all dealings with staff and the public are conducted within the Equal Opportunities framework.
To comply with all relevant legislation to ensure effectiveness in the role.
To have regard for the duty of care of information (with particular reference to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act) gained during the course of employment that relates to other employees, the public, contractors, Elected Members etc.
To create and maintain authentic, timely and reliable records in relation to your duties. To take due care and attention when gathering, recording and manipulating data.
The job holder has a personal responsibility, whilst at work, to preserve and enhance health and safety. They must familiarise themselves with the health and safety aspects of their work and avoid contact which would put at risk the health and safety of themselves and other people including visitors, contractors and members of the public.
To ensure that timesheets, work in progress sheets and other management information as required is provided on a
To undertake other duties which may arise or as may be delegated from time to time, commensurate with the skills required for this post.
· To undertake research to assist the other lawyers in the team to provide advice in the areas of local government law generally
· To undertake traffic management and parking cases (including
preparation of orders and advising on disputed charges)