Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Lead Accounting Specialist Job Description
Under direction, the purpose of the position is to perform highly complex clerical and accounting support work according to generally accepted standard accounting principles, established procedures,
departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work. Employees in this job
classification function at lead paraprofessional level to accomplish assigned functions according to
established schedules, calendars, projects, and programs of the assigned department.
· Performs highly complex clerical and accounting support work within well established guidelines
and clearly defined limits; oversees the work of entry, journey and senior staff, and entry paraprofessional employees.
· Performs responsible budget entries and necessary amendments as required
· Monitors expenditures for compliance with budget and funds coding; functions as contact for budget and funds coding compliance.
· Maintains adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles; ensures maintenance of proper audit trails and verification for all processed work.
· Performs posting, data entry, and maintenance tasks relevant to assigned functional areas, e.g., accounting records and reports, payroll, leave, travel, ledgers.
· Maintains, updates and reconciles various logs, reports, ledgers, files, databases, and spreadsheets.
· Reviews various contracts to ensure accuracy of information and calculations; verifies availability of funds, project classification, and properly signed contract.
· Prepares cost studies, budget analysis, statements, and reports of a specialized nature.
· Analyzes preliminary budget requests; checks, balances, and assembles into published documents both interim and approved.
· Prepares working analysis and various reports of financial data, i.e., state and federal reports, etc.
· Researches and develops fixed asset records for improvements, land and building, bank errors, impact fees, etc., in accordance with state statues.
· Examines financial documents, monitors bank accounts and accrued interest, and initiates transfers where applicable to ensure optimum interest bearing capacity and fund safety.
· Prepares working analysis and various reports of financial data. Monitors accounts payable expenditures and invoices of payments and verifies expenditures through supporting financial documentation and entries.
· Assists subordinates on difficult or unusual fiscal accounting problems.
· Performs audits and preaudits of various fiscal and accounting records, i.e., cashier's reports, payment reversals, corrections, journal entries, bank transfers, deposits, withdrawals, subsidiary ledgers, disbursements and expenditures, purchase orders, payment vouchers, invoices, travel
records, dues, subscriptions, per diem, professional development, etc.
· Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent; supplemented by six (6) years progressively responsible
experience performing complex accounting and clerical support duties, to include functioning in a lead
capacity; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
May require the possession of or ability to obtain a State Notary Seal.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Basic accounting mathematics. Basic bookkeeping and record keeping principles and practices and
their application to accounting transactions. Practices of reviewing financial documents for
completeness and accuracy. Applicable laws, rules, and regulations controlling budgetary and fiscal
record keeping. Mathematics procedures used in fiscal calculations. Principles and practices of
auditing financial documents and records. Basic budgetary practices and terminology. Techniques
for dealing with the public, in person and over the telephone.
Overseeing the work of others. Use of a calculator and accounting machines. Making accurate
mathematical calculations. Reviewing, posting, balancing, and reconciling financial records.
Maintaining accurate financial records and preparing accurate and timely reports. Applying
knowledge to accounting transactions. Preparing complete and accurate accounting reports and
statements. Maintaining complex financial records. Assembling and organizing data. Analyzing and
resolving varied financial problems. Reviewing, posting, balancing, and reconciling financial records.
Dealing successfully with the public, in person and over the telephone.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES TO:
Make complex mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately. While performing the essential
functions of this job the employee is regularly required to work in a typical office setting, use standard
office equipment, read printed materials and a computer terminal, and communicate in person or over
the telephone. Meet deadlines, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
Position is responsible for performing and leading entry, journey and senior staff, and entry paraprofessional employees in work involving posting, classifying, computing, comparing, or filing of financial data, cashiering, and accountkeeping.
Position is responsible for performing a broad array of complex fiscal tasks and specialized duties in supporting department objectives. Performs other related work as directed.