Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Learning & Development Manager job description
Responsibility for the leadership, design and delivery of a customer focused operational learning and development service.
A key requirement of the post includes developing and maintaining quality systems and processes to ensure the delivery of the Induction and Mandatory Training Policy, the Appraisal Policy, the implementation and evaluation of the Learning Investment Plan, and leading on new national developments such as e-learning. The post holder will lead and manage the Learning and Development team to ensure that a quality service is provided, and reviewed according to the needs of the Company.
1. Lead on the production of learning and development policy, standards and guidelines, including the preparation of the annual Learning Investment Plan, taking account of current legislation and recommendations and the future direction of the Company.
2. Lead on the development of quality systems and processes to identify, approve, plan, design, implement and evaluate all learning and development activity, including training needs analysis, training plans, effective use of training resource, accreditation processes, flexible training packages, evaluation, audit and monitoring of training/study leave activity.
3. Negotiate and liase with internal experts/trainers and external training providers to design and deliver a comprehensive core in-house training programme, and commission agreed new or specialist courses and training programmes from other providers, Colleges and Universities.
4. Lead, develop and evaluate a comprehensive Staff Induction programme to meet the needs of all staff, including key legal requirements, according to the requirements of Company policy.
10. Lead on the quality systems and process for reviewing all learning and development activity, including external study leave, ensuring that activity is customer focused and supports the achievement of the Company wide targets and objectives.
11. Analyse and act on information to proactively manage agreed targets, standards, training activity reports and action plans for all learning and development activity.
12. Attend external meetings, representing the Company, and lead on delegated aspects of project work according to the needs of the Company, ensuring that outcomes are communicated effectively and by discussing all relevant details with all stakeholders before decisions are made.
13. Develop and maintain systems and processes to establish and maintain effective communication, and confidentiality of information.
14. Maintain systems and processes to continually monitor standards, e.g. identifying risks, benchmarking, audit, and prepare and implement action plans to improve quality of services.
15. In collaboration with the Integrated Governance Team ensure that lessons are learnt from issues arising from risk reports/complaints etc, and that they are promptly and positively addressed through the Learning & Development Forum.
16. Lead on the development and implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines related to the service, and contribute the development of other policies.
17. Ensure compliance with Company policies, procedures and guidelines for self and others, by taking action/alerting if practice appears to contravene policy, or if concerned about any aspect of customer care.
19. Act as a role model by demonstrating leadership and knowledge, and by maintaining credibility within the Company, the wider health care community and external agencies, ensuring a positive image of the Company is maintained.
20. Develop and maintain systems and processes to ensure that work is appropriately prioritised and allocated, and that effective supervision is in place to support work delegated to staff.
21. Develop and maintain systems and processes to ensure that staff appraisal is in place for all staff in the team.
22. Ensure that recruitment, staff induction and orientation, and mandatory training take place according to Company policy.
23. Ensure the effective use of resources, e.g. staff, budget, premises, equipment, supplies and materials.
24. Develop and maintain systems and processes to promote monitor and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining accurate documentation and reporting any concerns.
25. Take responsibility for own learning and development by recognising and taking advantage of all opportunities to learn, including full participation in appraisal, supervision, action learning and by maintaining a professional/personal portfolio of learning.
26. Develop and maintain systems and processes to ensure that learning needs are identified and met, and that all learning is planned, implemented, evaluated and shared in order to change and improve services according to changing health care needs.
This job description is an outline of the role and function. It is not intended to describe all specific tasks.
Managers have a responsibility to;
• Always act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for COMPANY Managers,
• Maintain up to date skills and knowledge, and maintain an awareness of patient led service issues
• Maintain a professional/personal portfolio
• Adhere to Company policy, procedures and guidelines,
• Adhere to Company standards of behaviour and expected performance
Training & Qualifications
Educated to Degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area.
Formal Electronic Staff Record (ESR) or similar training.
A track record of achievement leading an operational service in complex and pressurised HR / Payroll and technical environments.
Minimum of 4 years comprehensive working knowledge of HRMS databases / systems (spanning HR / Payroll and training aspects)
Sound knowledge of Electronic Staff Record (ESR) or similar complex Oracle databases.
Developed IT skills over 5+ years in a complex environment.
Experience of re-designing procedures and practices to achieve effectiveness.
Experience of managing complex and inter-related contractual arrangements linked to internal and / externally delivered services.
Experience in a large complex service organisation ideally within the ORGANISATION.
5. Lead, develop and evaluate a comprehensive Mandatory Training and Essential Learning Programme to meet the legal requirements of the Company, according to the requirements of Company policy, maintaining regular contact and liaison with competent persons delivering mandatory training.
6. Lead, develop and evaluate staff appraisal, according to the requirements of Company policy, and ensure that the correct levels of appraisers are trained by designing and delivering appropriate training programmes.
7. Support the development and evaluation of a comprehensive Company wide CPD framework and development programme to meet the requirements of integrated governance and professional regulation and by commissioning agreed training programmes.
8. Lead, develop and evaluate vocational development activity, including NVQ provision and commissioning vocational training and development for support staff.
9. Plan, co-ordinate, design and deliver training sessions, using expert presentation, coaching and facilitation skills according to personal levels of knowledge and expertise in the subject area, recognising own limits, and taking action to ensure development needs are met/an alternative is provided.