Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Legal Researcher job description
To carry out legal research, to provide advice, to draft correspondence and documents, to maintain legal records and constitutional documents and to advise on democratic processes, member conduct, ethics and probity
1. Be responsible for a caseload of routine and non-routine casework which may involve:-
• Carrying out legal research and maintaining appropriate records and systems to enable the research to be accessed by others
• Maintaining legal and constitutional documents and ensure they are updated as appropriate instructing counsel
• Conducting investigations on behalf of the Monitoring Officer
• Attending hearings of the Standards Committee
• Drafting correspondence, documents, notices and orders
• Producing reports
2. Provide legal advice and assistance on all issues arising within the post holder’s area of responsibility, including:-
• Democratic processes
• Constitutional issues
• The ethical framework and code of conduct issues
• Local government law
• Legal notices and orders
3. Consider and advise on Executive, committee and other similar reports, attend meetings of the Executive, Full Council, Scrutiny, Standards Committee and other committees to give legal and/or procedural advice as necessary, advise on the executive arrangements and advise on the legality of the Council's decision making.
4. Keep up to date with changes in the law (undertake training where necessary) and other developments in this area of work, and to advise on any action required to be taken as a result.
5. Assist in the development of policy, procedures and good practice and participate in unit and corporate working groups.
6. Contribute towards the development of the team and the Unit as a whole.
7. Contribute to business management within the Unit by occasionally supervising the work of more junior staff and/or giving guidance and by assuming responsibility for management projects assigned to the post holder.
8. Provide training to colleagues, clients and members.
9. Assist with client liaison.
10. Provide cover as necessary for other areas within the team or within the Unit as a whole.
11. Deal with enquiries in the absence of the Borough Solicitor.
12. Undertake other legal work outside the post holder’s immediate area of responsibility if so required.
13. Attend to the post holder’s own day to day administrative work.
14. Make appropriate use of Information Technology.
15. Carry out any other duties as may be required, within the general remit of the job.