Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Free Job Description Library Assistant
To manage issue desk and reader services provision in a busy library
1.To manage the provision of an issue desk service including the issue, discharge and re-shelving of library stock; answering enquiries about reader tickets; basic subject and stock enquiries; handling of petty cash; some photocopying.
2.To assist with the registration of new borrowers; maintenance and updating of user records on the Library system.
3.To co-ordinate the timetabling of casual workers; to assist with the recruitment and training of casual workers.
6.To process new items of stock (CDs, videos, DVDs, books and scores).
7. To manage the Library’s periodicals collection; to liaise with subscription agents and publishers.
8. To prepare Library stock for binding.
9. To handle incoming and outgoing Library post
10. To be responsible for cashing up library income once a week
11. To provide administrative support and assistance to other members of the Library staff as requested
12. To undertake any other duties as required by the Senior Librarian
4. To deal with the receipt and correct handling of requests for reservations, interlibrary loans and additions to stock.
5. To manage the Library’s overdue notices (mostly despatched by email); to prepare invoices for lost/overdue items