Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
litigation lawyer job description
The Litigation Unit (LU), one of the teams in the General Counsel’s Office, conducts the
OFT’s litigation in-house. You will be responsible for providing
accurate, timely and effective litigation services and assist with litigation policy to help meet its vision of delivering high impact outcomes, being a centre of excellence and intelligence and to achieve its objectives.
• To conduct Competition Appeal Tribunal appeals, judicial reviews, consumer enforcement actions, warrant applications to enter and search premises under the Competition Act 1998 and the Enterprise Act 2002 and appeals to the Court of Appeal and House of Lords.
• To provide high quality public law advice and support to the General Counsel, and a
high quality public law litigation service.
• To provide high quality litigation advice to project teams, colleagues and senior
management on litigation issues, strategy and risk management in cases
• To assist the General Counsel in carrying out her functions by providing legal advice,
undertaking research, carrying out Freedom of Information reviews and making
recommendations in relation to a range of public law and corporate governance
• To increase litigation awareness across the organisation by delivering training to
colleagues at the OFT and advising on risk management.
• To form and maintain good working relationships with all parts of the Office advise many colleagues in these areas on litigation and public law issues.
• You may be responsible for leading and developing Legal Officers, paralegals and
administrative staff within the Litigation Unit.
• Solicitor or barrister qualified to practise in England & Wales with a right to conduct
litigation in the courts of England and Wales (essential)
• Have at least a 2:1 degree or evidence of similar ability. Capable of analysing problems
rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgement as well as academic
• Have experience in conducting and managing litigation confidently with limited
supervision and have a sound understanding and awareness of litigation processes and
the application of civil procedure rules (essential)
• Sound staff management experience (desirable)
• A good knowledge of public and administrative law, including human rights issues and
judicial review or a clear ability to acquire the necessary knowledge within a short
space of time (desirable)
• Good working knowledge of competition and/or consumer law (desirable)
• Ability to grasp quickly and accurately new and complex concepts and areas of law
• Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team (essential)
• Ability to balance priorities and co-ordinate work effectively in order to meet deadlines
and deal with high workloads (essential)
• Sound written and oral communication skills to give authoritative advice and influence
colleagues and external stakeholders (essential)
• Aptitude for project management and leadership skills to ensure delivery of litigation
• Ability to deliver training to other colleagues (desirable)
The Post Holder will also assist the Director of Litigation and the Assistant Directors of
Litigation to create a litigation aware culture by advising colleagues on litigation risk management, forging good links with other groups, and engaging
with external stakeholders to ensure an effective flow of information and knowledge.