Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
To work as part of a multi functional and customer facing, logistics team ensuring the efficient execution of the goods/mail supply chain processes: receiving, quality checks, sort and timely distribution to meet customer requirements and maintain secure and safe working practices
• Receiving, delivery and collection of roll cages and goods to departments assisting in the consolidation of the deliveries. Returning and collapsing empty roll cages and the disposal of empty boxes into the compactor – bailing machine.
• Making judgements of situations and facts as and when arise.
• Answering the telephone and responding to requests to fulfil the post duties.
• Ensuring that all purchased goods are checked and receipted on the IT computer system, as required. Good keyboard skills are required.
Stock Management-Logistics Assistant Job Description
• The maintenance of specified central stock held products ensuring security, accuracy, and validity of same including optimum levels and condition to ensure customer service maintained.
• Replenishment of stock maintaining auditable records of usage.
• Making judgements of situations and facts as and when arise.
• There is an on going requirement to exert moderate physical effort, for several short periods during a shift.
• To provide a comprehensive goods / mail receiving and onward delivery service, which sometimes requires tact or persuasive skills for all goods / mail to be delivered. Obtaining signatures as and when required.
• To ensure that all goods received are unpacked, validated and ‘booked in’ electronically and ready for onward transhipment to internal customer in accordance with performance standards.
• To assist in the returns procedure in respect of identified discrepancies in deliveries against purchase orders.
• To ensure appropriate files are maintained in respect of internal and supplier delivery notes providing audit trail from receipt to final end customer.
• To organise the consolidation of delivered product, integrating distribution of materially managed and non-stock purchases to internal customers as appropriate.
As required undertakes mail duties:
• To ensure that incoming mail, (delivered externally & collected internally), is sorted ready for distribution to internal customers in accordance with agreed service levels.
• To ensure the residences personal mail ensuring segregation, trace ability and security of it.
• To assist in the accurate operation, and control, of the franking machine for outgoing mail.
• To ensure records of mail expenditure including Couriers, and Parcel post are maintained and auditable.
• To ensure records of recorded and registered mail are maintained and auditable.
• To ensure that all-external and internal mail is dispatched same day of receipt.
• To assist the Manager in the organisation of the Logistics team to ensure ‘time-conscious’ routing of all purchased product received via goods inwards to internal customers inclusive of materially managed product.
• To ensure both the delivery and collection of mail
• To ensure the appropriate distribution of centrally held stocks
• To ensure that all pallets, rolling cages and stores boxes are returned to the Goods Inwards area ready for return to sender where appropriate.
General -Logistics Assistant Job Description
• To assist the Logistics Manager to ensure that all areas are manned at all times during operational hours, and that they are secure outside of those times.
• That all products including stock, goods in transit, and mail are secure at all times.
• All packaging material associated with receipts and distribution is disposed of appropriately including full utilisation of the Compactor facility.
• Assists the Manager to identify development and the implementation of IT systems, both operational and strategic, to effect control at all stages of supply.
• To identify applications for sorting and handling of incoming and outgoing mail.
• To identify applications for clearance of goods inwards to end customer including bar code scanner and delivery scheduling applications.
• To assist the Logistics Manager in reporting the Performance Measurement against key performance indices.
• Assists the Deputy Logistics Manager to identify and implement opportunities to integrate and streamline the Logistics operation
• To assist in identification and to recommend revised materials handling processes within the goods receiving, dispatch, and mail functions resulting in improved customer service, output efficiency and use of resources.
• To assist the Manager to identify and recommend improvements in internal Logistics operation, integrating handling of all products (inc mail), optimising resource and increasing customer service.
• Implementing agreed recommendations from above.
• Ensures good housekeeping practices are maintained and Health & Safety requirements are adhered to.
Clean driving licence.
First aid at work certificate.
Team working experience.
Awareness of customer service provision.
Willingness to learn a wide range of tasks relating to Logistics & Materials Management activities.
Basic IT skills.
Able to operate simple machinery.
Must possess basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Able to follow standard operating procedures.
Able to communicate orally with people at all levels in a courteous and professional manner.
Good telephone manner
Good customer care and approachable attitude.
Must present a positive self-image.
Good oral communicator.
Flexible approach to work.
Able to manually handle goods that may be bulky/heavy using equipment as appropriate.
Able to stand for long periods of time.
Free job description Logistics Assistant