Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
Logistics Manager job description
Bachelors Degree required.
7 to 10 years as a Logistics & Compliance professional, out of which 3 years have been in a Management role.
Strong logistics/compliance knowledge and good understanding of industry best practices.
Excellent knowledge of Customs laws and concepts.
Excellent network with 3PLs/carriers/hauliers.
Strong negotiation skills.
Forward thinker with the ability to foresee logistical/compliance challenges and come up with pro-active solutions.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to find and analyze data resulting in a focused drive of logistics/compliance actions/initiatives.
Ability to interface seamlessly with all levels of management.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Sound knowledge of ERP and procurement systems.
Proficiency with Microsoft office tools with the ability to develop comprehensive analysis and presentations.
Ability to manage senior-level professionals to perform a complex set of responsibilities that require significant judgment, commitment, and initiative.
Strong process management skills, with the ability to define process and results metrics, implement continuous process improvement techniques, and manage complexity
Resourceful, action-orientation with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles.
Demonstrated ability to handle complexity, ambiguity, and time pressures.
Leadership: Job requires strong leadership skills with clear and decisive direction and decision making skills. Ability to demonstrate strengths in people management, teambuilding and professional development of staff.
Strong Interpersonal communication skills: Job requires strong communication, influence and presentation skills with focus on promoting opportunities and projects to all management levels, geographies, divisions and functions.
Decision Making: Ability to act independently using own judgment and initiative whilst keeping senior management informed.
Progressive and out of the box approach to solving complex issues: Requires innovative approach to identification of areas for targeted improvements, development of alternatives, and implementation of solutions.
Global Perspective: Must have the ability to work with teams spread across multiple geographies and must have a global perspective towards management of the business and developing the required solutions.
8. Work with logistics teams across the Company to ensure trade lane optimization, maximize carrier space utilization, optimize usage of consolidations and reduce demurrage/detention etc.
9. Manage RFQ processes to ensure that “best value” is achieved through competitive bidding and effective negotiations with 3PLs.
10. Work with logistics teams across the Company to assist with the selection and development of local logistics service providers.
11. Create and implement people development and training programs in conjunction with the Global Logistics team to facilitate the growth and development of logistics professionals within the global, regional and local teams.
12. Develop and support efforts to develop in-house Customs expertise, relative to import/export of rigs and material.
13. Manage and monitor the performance of Customs brokers, through KPIs and periodic performance evaluations/reviews, with the end objective of driving improvements in performance.
14. Create and implement well defined policies and procedures for the import/export of rigs/equipment/spares and hand carry of material, so as to ensure that the Company is always compliant with regulatory requirements.
15. Create and implement people development and training programs to facilitate the growth and development of Customs professionals within the regional organization.
16. Assist with the set up of policies and procedures
17. Support the strategic planning for the Logistics & Compliance organization.
2. Work in conjunction with the Global Logistics team to implement a logistics strategy to ensure the timely and cost effective delivery of material, to meet the Company’s operational requirements across the region.
3. In conjunction with the Global Logistics team, evaluate the existing logistics processes and practices and re-engineer the same to achieve Supply Chain efficiency.
4. Implement change management projects as directed by the Global Logistics team, with the end objective of driving down costs and improving the quality and speed of delivery, whilst continuing to be compliant with HSE and regulatory requirements.
5. Manage and monitor the performance of the network of logistics service providers, 3PLs, carriers and vendors, through KPIs and periodic performance evaluations/reviews, with the end objective of driving improvements in performance.
6. Evaluate spend across the complete spectrum of logistics activities and identify cost savings opportunities therein.
7. Work with the new build/project/shipyard teams to offer comprehensive logistics support, through timely and cost effective solutions
1. Support the Company’s Logistics program through a network of direct and functional reports, with the end objective of driving performance to optimum levels and ensuring that logistics capabilities are ahead of the competition.
18. Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of Logistics & Compliance processes.
19. Actively analyze department metrics to drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
20. Interacts with Senior Managers of all departments within the organizations to gain support for the Logistics and Compliance initiatives.
21. Understand and implement Global Supply Chain’s key controls to ensure compliance with internal controls procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
Free job descriptions database