Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Mac Support job description
To manage all aspects of the Mac support service ensuring the development & support and continuous improvement of services aligned to business and technology strategies. To ensure best practice processes are in place and being followed, improving service delivery and support to Technology and the business, providing support to Project Management Office and other Technology departments in developing and delivering industry-leading quality services to the business. To ensure that maximum business benefits are obtained from existing and new Technology assets, capabilities and resources.
• Defining, maintaining and enhancing fit-for-purpose, best value Mac services (as measured against external benchmarking) that meets business requirements and strategic objectives whilst meeting the business’ appetite for risk, service performance and cost management.
• Responsible for ensuring all Mac services are available and performing as intended.
• The job holder is expected to engage with senior leaders across W to:
• Understand business requirements, priorities and future strategies.
• Negotiate and influence senior decision makers to agree IT service levels which fulfil business requirements with the optimal mix of risk, cost and performance.
• Communicate the performance of Mac services, and explain key issues affecting availability, performance and risk (and, therefore, affecting the ability of the business to deliver its customer services) and recommended options for resolution & improvement where appropriate.
• To develop and maintain strategic relationships with the business, partners and suppliers.
• Identify the relationship between cost, risk and service within the Mac service and create service strategies and improvement plans to improve the balance in line with core business strategy and requirements
• Develop and implement IT service improvement plans to deliver the transformation agenda, industry best practice and changing business requirements.
• The job holder will be required to provide 24x7 infrastructure support services on a formal on call rotation basis as deemed appropriate by the Technology Operations Director.
• A career history that encompasses a strong technical ability within a challenging and changeable environment with diverse technologies including complex operational roles.
• Must have proven experience of troubleshooting PC and Mac issues to a 3rd line level in the UK and worldwide in a corporate environment to a required service level agreement.
• Experience of integrating Mac into a Wintel environment.
• Proven experience of business continuity, storage & capacity planning, asset management, service transition, service integration and change management.
• Solid experience of supporting Mac OS servers within an Active Directory domain.
• A general understanding of networking: DNS, DHCP & Proxy servers.
• A good understanding of windows server technologies and knowledge of using group policies to manage windows and Mac OSX clients & experience of deploying Mac OSX within a 200+ user base.
• A detailed knowledge of Mac OS management, shell scripting, Adobe Creative Suite, Quark Express, Final Cut, MS Office for Mac, font management & administrative tools such as Universal Type server. Advanced user of JAMF Software’s Casper suite tools
• Knowledge of the following would be a distinct advantage:
o Linux experience.