Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Provide a comprehensive mechanical service to all wards and departments in a multi-disciplined environment, ensuring compliance with Trust safety standards and procedures.
Maintenance Fitter Job description
1. Provide emergency recall and undertake on-call duties as part of the on-call team to ensure that emergency repairs occurring out of normal hours are attended to.
2. Work overtime to carry out emergency repairs as required by management.
3. To liase and work with other trades/disciplines including external agencies (contractors).
4. Participate fully in the Labour Management Scheme completing timesheets and job dockets and providing all relevant information.
5. Interpret detailed engineering drawings and specifications to instruct and advise others.
6. Must be able to work efficiently with minimum supervision.
7. At all times to carry communication devices [mobile phones, pagers or two-way radios] to facilitate immediate response to emergencies.
8. Diagnose and repair faults on complex mechanical services, engineering plant and equipment, deal with new situations as they arise and pass on knowledge to others.
9. Monitor temperatures using hand held data collection device, diagnose faults, recalibrate and carry out repairs to thermostatic mixing valves, tanks and calorifiers to ensure compliance with the Control of Legionella Policy.
10. Manufacture, assemble, erect and install new plumbing work as required.
11. Fabricate / repair all sizes of iron pipework by screwing or welding.
12. Work on steam raising plant, including distribution and condensate return systems.
13. Carry out both installation repairs and planned preventative maintenance on heating systems, compressors, motors, pumps, heat recovery, ventilation systems and controls.
14. Carry out statutory inspections and testing on mechanical services, engineering plant and equipment, and complete necessary documentation.
A recognised time served apprenticeship, or City & Guilds or BTEC (ONC) in Engineering or equivalent.
Recognised time served apprenticeship, or
City & Guilds or BTEC (ONC) in Engineering or equivalent.
3 years post qualification experience in
Written and verbal communication skills in order to be able to liase with staff at all levels of the organisation.
Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision.
Ability to work to deadlines.
OTHER/CONTINUED Capable of working in a demand driven service.
Availability for on-call duties [30 minute response time]
Availability for undertaking overtime.
Attendance in line with Trust Sickness & Absence Policy
Work Health Assessment if required
Current full driving licence.
Provide own hand tools relevant to trade. Specialist tools provided by the Trust
15. Undertake non-complex tasks including fault finding of other trades.
16. Repairs to lifts including emergency evacuation of persons in accordance with Health & Safety requirements.
17. Install heavy engineering plant using lifting equipment in compliance with Trust policies.
18. Use own initiative, knowledge and experience when designing, quantifying, manufacturing and installation of mechanical services engineering plant and equipment in accordance with current guidance and legislation.
19. Participate in the department’s Equipment Release and Permit to Work Systems.
20. Drive Trust vehicles as and when required.
Undertake Performance Monitoring
21. Monitor and ensure efficient running of mechanical services, engineering plant and equipment.
22. Must be able to achieve acceptable standards of workmanship and productivity.
23. Report performance issues relating to mechanical services, engineering plant and equipment to the appropriate Maintenance Supervisor.
24. Report on levels of non-stock items in sub stores to relevant Maintenance Supervisor.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
25. Safe isolation of mechanical and electrical services, medical gases and natural gas in emergency situations.
26. Assist in the investigation of accidents and dangerous occurrence within the department.
27. Carry out all work in accordance with the department’s generic Risk Assessments and non-generic Risk Assessments as and when required.
28. Use all relevant tools, machinery and equipment to comply with current Health & Safety Legislation. Fully understand all relevant general Health & Safety issues appertaining to the relevant trade discipline.
29. To work in hazardous areas taking all safety measures to prevent danger, avoid injury and prevent damage to equipment.
30. Train and instruct other trades including apprentices and new starters as and when required.
31. To attend training establishments as necessary.
32. Provide training, technical advice and support to employees.