Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To test, maintain and repair the Buldings mechanical / electrical installations and services, in an economic, efficient and safe manner, in accordance with legislation and agreed standards.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Initial Professional Development: Applicants must hold a minimum of either;
A full level 3 technical certificate in a mechanical, electrical or building services engineering discipline and completion certificate from a recognised ECITB / JIB advanced apprenticeship, plus ongoing CPD.
Alternative recognised qualifications (e.g. Engineering NVQ 3, National Diploma in technology / engineering etc) and suitable work based development and ongoing CPD.
• Applicants should be able to demonstrate they can work at the standards required for an ECUK Engineering Technician. Membership of an engineering institution and ECUK professional registration is not required, but is encouraged.
• Skilled in maintenance, fault finding, test & repair work on complex engineering services & equipment, with the ability to work unassisted in varying, often technical environments whilst complying with Health & Safety / environmental regulations and standards.
• Knowledge and/or commitment to continuing professional development through on-the-job and / or residential training in order to maintain, test and repair building services in a healthcare environment. As required, to be assessed and appointed as a registered / licensed operative and/or Competent Person in a range of specialisms related to the post.
• IT literate or willing to train to ECDL level 2 standard (use of Microsoft Office suite). Knowledge of/readiness to undertake training and use of on the Bulding’s computer based asset and condition based maintenance management system. Competent or willing to train to operate the Bulding’s computer based Building Management System.
Maintenance Technician Job description
6. KEY “TASKS”
• Maintain and repair installations, plant and equipment to keep unplanned downtime to a minimum.
• To test, maintain and repair the Buldings mechanical / electrical installations and services, in an economic, efficient and safe manner, in accordance with legislation and agreed standards.
• Work from and understand detailed engineering drawings and specifications and to ensure that current regulations are followed at all times.
• Learn new techniques to develop skills as appropriate to ensure that the most effective methods are used in the course of your work.
• Demonstrate own activities to new or less experienced employees, providing advice, training and technical support to trainees/apprentices and maintenance assistants.
• Maintain quality and performance standards to ensure that allocated work is completed effectively and efficiently.
• Support the Maintenance Officers and other staff to fulfil Service Level Agreements between dept and other Bulding departments and customer Primary Care Buldings, advising line managers of any difficulties to ensure that communications are maintained at all times.
• Support and assist the Laundry maintenance team, when required.
• To carry and use Bulding supplied mobile communication equipment, as required by management.
• Assist the PFI Facilities Provider in an emergency.
• Participation in weekday / evening shift rotas (Mon-Fri). Work overtime to carry out planned work with reasonable prior notice and deal with emergency repairs, as required by management – often at very short notice.
• Participate in Estates Technical Service On-call Rota, to ensure that emergencies and major problems occurring out of hours are attended and resolved.
• Actively promote and ensure Health and Safety is prioritised
• To maintain patient safety through rigorous and consistent compliance with Bulding Policies, for the prevention and control of infection, including hand hygiene. To undertake appropriate mandatory training and updates in infection prevention and control.
• To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in compliance with Bulding and staff responsibilities under Section 11 of the Children Act 2004; to follow Bulding safeguard children and child protection policies and guidelines and undertake appropriate mandatory training and updates in safeguarding children/child protection.
• By following Bulding Policies in relation to Safeguarding Adults, staff will ensure that they work with other agencies to protect all adults from abuse at any time.
• Policy and Service Development: to follow policies for own role, commenting on policies, procedures or development which affect the Estates Operations Team and supporting the implementation of departmental procedures.
• Research and Development Responsibilities: to participate in surveys or audits as necessary.