Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Management Accountant Finance job description
Involves supporting the Group Financial Manager on all aspects of financial and management accounting for the Group. The objective is to produce accounts to trial balance stage, for inclusion in monthly management accounts, reported to the Board, with detailed support and checks for the annual financial accounts production.
1. Production of high quality monthly management accounts to timetable for 3 of the 5 companies within the Group, plus consolidation of results from the remaining 2 businesses for Group Accounts to facilitate production of a high quality set of Group consolidated accounts on a monthly basis (via excel);
2. Liaise and support the finance teams at the Group’s training subsidiary concerning their production and submission of monthly management accounts and related inter-company and vat issues;
3. Production of high quality monthly Group consolidated management accounts to the Group Board, based on the above;
4. Retaining overall responsibility - supported by members of the finance and payroll teams - for the import of key monthly journals to the nominal ledger e.g. payroll, sales, purchase ledger, cash and bank, including control checks on these;
5. Support the Group Financial Controller overseeing the development of financial controls and procedures, to include an internal audit process for care homes and domiciliary care divisions
6. Assisting with accounting issues concerning the sales ledger package
7. Assist with the production of the quarterly Group VAT return, including supporting the review of reports from the Finance Supervisor;
8. Assist with the production of aspects of the annual Group Budget, to cover all businesses, and develop new management targets. This includes setting of financial targets analysed in detail issued to Units early in the new financial year, and monthly monitoring of performance against these, including variance analysis;
9. Support the production of year end reports for external audit and also liaise with the Company’s external auditors on aspects of financial accounts including development of the trial balance for 3 of the 5 businesses within the Group;
10. Provide ad hoc support and guidance to Care Homes and Homecare teams on financial and administrative matters, as required e.g. implementation of residential care contract funding etc;
11. Carry out other ad hoc tasks as required e.g. supporting financial implications of new systems implementations.