Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Management Analyst job description
Provides a variety of routine and complex analytical, administrative and technical work in the analysis of programs, services, systems, policies and procedures to devise the most efficient and effective methods of accomplishing the work.
Works closely with the departments in perfecting the Performance Measurement Program and linking measures with budgeting and the annual budget document.
• Manages assigned operations to achieve goals within available resources; plans and organizes
workloads; reviews progress and makes changes as needed.
• Assists in the development of short and long range plans; gathers, interprets, and prepares data
for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates activities with other departments and
agencies as needed.
• Prepares quarterly and annual performance measurement reports.
• Works closely with Performance Measurement Team for organizational improvement.
• Works closely with the Finance Director to incorporate performance measurement into the budget
• Analyzes Performance Measurement process on ongoing basis to ensure improvement of organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Manages and coordinates Risk Management program; organizes and assists with risk review and assessments.
• Reviews all insurance invoices to ensure accuracy of information and fiscal data.
• Oversees risk management and benefits information and databases; maintains a variety of records and performs related posting and calculations, e.g., employee health benefits,
insurance plans, invoices, insurance coverage, pension, Workers’ Compensation.
• Reviews and evaluates programs and services to determine how well they meet the legislative intent of the governing body.
• Gathers and organizes information on problem or procedures including present operating procedures.
• Analyzes data gathered, develops information and considers available solutions or alternate methods of proceeding.
• Organizes and documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation
of new systems, procedures or organizational changes.
• Confers with personnel concerned to assure smooth functioning of newly implemented systems or procedure.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree preferred. Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor's degree in public
administration, political science, business management, economics, finance, or a closely related field
required, and two (2) years of increasingly responsible related experience.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of elementary statistics; organization and management in the public
sector, current trends, and problems in governmental management
• Considerable knowledge of performance measurement principles and practices
• Working knowledge of program planning and evaluation
• Working knowledge of modern records management techniques
• Skill in bench-marking various operations
• Ability to analyze data and take effective action
• Ability to accurately record and maintain records
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors,
other departments, officials and the public
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Installs new systems and trains personnel in application.
• Conducts operational effectiveness reviews to ensure functional or project systems are applied
and functioning as designed.
• Develops or updates functional or operational manuals outlining established methods of
performing work in accordance with organizational policy.
• Prepares a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes;
conducts research, analysis, and prepares recommendations regarding proposals for programs,
grants, services, budget, equipment, etc.
• Reviews and analyzes budget requests.
• Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, and statistical
records, to obtain data on assigned subject.
• Analyzes and evaluates applicability of collected data.
• Prepares statistical tabulations on collected data.
• Writes reports or presents data in formats such as abstracts, bibliographies, graphs, or maps.
• Interviews individuals to obtain data or draft correspondence to answer inquiries.
• Tracks progress on annual Goals and Objectives and prepares quarterly and annual reports
• Coordinates Citizen Survey process and integration of survey data into performance