Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Manager Help Desk job description
Manages all operational aspects of the Help Desk to include developing, leading and motivating technical support personnel and cultivating relationships with hardware support vendors. Also manages workflow (walk-in and Help Desk calls), coordination of all A/V events and inventory of all check-out equipment. Assists Senior Systems Administrator, Assistant/Associate Director, and Director with more complex issues.
• Manages all Computer Support Consultants and IT Department student workers in the daily operation of the Help Desk. Leads, schedules, coordinates and oversees daily work.
• Ensures that established procedures are followed in answering calls from users/customers. Tracks and assures that help desk calls are answered promptly and problems are resolved quickly and as efficiently as possible. Ensures that all calls are diagnosed and resolved 95% of the time. Works closely with other IT personnel as well as IS personnel to understand problems and escalate unresolved issues.
• Anticipates customer needs and takes appropriate action by utilizing analytical and problem-solving techniques to determine root cause of all problems. Keeps users informed through feedback as to the status of their problem.
• Coordinates procedures to track and thoroughly document all problems, requests and resolutions.
• Expands capability to resolve a broader range of problem areas through a mentoring process with other personnel to continually increase awareness and knowledge of hardware and software applications utilized at the Graduate School.
• Provides teamwork skills and empowers Help Desk staff to deliver excellent service and products.
• Initiates program development for computer lab student workers to fully utilize downtime potential.
• Maintains all necessary certifications for hardware repair and manages all necessary paper work flow for warranty repair.
• Coordinates any other A/V requests.
• Manages inventory of all IT Department check-out items; Computer Labs, Server room, Student printers, and toner/paper stock levels.
• Performs and oversees special project assignments designed to improve the effectiveness of services provided by the IT Department.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
• Familiarity with administering a Help Desk and inventory tracking software system. Ability to utilize reports from such system to assist management in strategic staffing and purchasing decisions.
• Very strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to analyze various types of hardware and software problems, diagnose and resolve 95% of complex issues encountered. Ability to solve problems over the telephone, particularly in areas of workstation/PC software and connectivity.
• Ability to multi-task and be highly adaptable to new and changing situations, and to exhibit patience in managing job in a very stressful, hectic work environment. Ability to organize work efficiently and work well under time pressures.
• Proficiency in Windows-based workstations, operating systems and PC software and hardware, internet technologies, e-mail, Microsoft Office, web page maintenance tools as well as a basic understanding of networks and TCP/IP.
• Strong initiative and ability to function independently, as well as in a team format, with self-confidence in own decision-making and ability to analyze a problem from different perspectives.
• Ability to manage, supervise and provide guidance to technical support personnel.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills, superior telephone etiquette and ability to deal effectively with students, faculty and staff as well as peers and management. Must have a strong dedication to customer service and satisfaction; demands it from others. Comfortable presenting technical information to audiences.
• Strong knowledge of computer environment and Information Systems procedures and personnel, or ability to become quickly adept with the above.
• Ability to work occasional nights, weekends and on-call as required.
Education, Experience and Training
Bachelor’s Degree and two to three years related experience with particular emphasis in problem solving, troubleshooting PC equipment/software and customer service, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor of Science (preferably in Computer Science or Business Administration), CompTIA A+ certification, IBM ThinkPad and Dell Desktop certifications and one year supervisory experience preferred.