Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
The main purpose of the role is to manage and lead the Service Desk, and enable them to deliver an efficient support service in line with ITIL best practice guidelines. The post holder will be responsible for the Incident, Request Fulfilment, and Knowledge Management processes, and ensure these processes are maintained, reviewed, and being used effectively by the Service Desk and other Support teams.
1. To manage the Service Desk team according to policies and guidelines. This includes all aspects of Line Management such as training and development, performance monitoring, appraisals and objective setting, HR issues, resource management, recruitment, etc.
2. Take a hands on approach to managing the daily workload of the Service Desk, ensuring all calls are being properly handled, prioritised, and progressed, customers are kept informed, and communications and customer service are of the highest standard.
3. To own, review, and revise the ITIL Service Operation Policies, Processes, and Procedures pertaining to the role and regularly report on their performance using a range of KPIs and metrics. These include Incident, Event, and Access Management and Request Fulfilment.
4. In collaboration with other team managers, manage the configuration of the IT Service Management and call logging tool so that all call types are managed as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Manager Service Desk job description [cont]
Free job description Manager Service Desk
The post holder will also be the principle contributor to Knowledge Management and will acquire and maintain a good understanding of the IT infrastructure and all technologies in use, the IT support and delivery processes, and turn collected information into knowledge to be re-used. You will compile and maintain the workflows, processes, and procedures used by Support Analysts in their day to day roles. You will ensure Support Analysts and Specialists have access to the right tools and information to enable the rapid resolution of Incidents and Requests in line with agreed SLAs.
The post holder will be part of a management team and will contribute towards the team’s Service Management targets and Continuous Service Improvement Programme.
This post has a significant impact on Monitoring’s performance and competence and is a substantial determinant of Monitoring’s technological competence.
5. To own, formulate, document, review, and revise all support processes, workflows, and procedures relevant to the team’s work, including those relating to working practices and Health and Safety issues.
6. To own, review, and revise the Knowledge Management Policy, Process, and Procedures and regularly report on its effective use.
7. Maintain and manage the Service Desk Knowledgebases, document stores, and customer records, ensuring all information is accurate, relevant, accessible and understandable to all readers.
8. To play a key role in the Support team’s Continuous Service Improvement Programme and ensure agreed Processes and Procedures are followed.
9. Play a lead role in transitioning new Services into Service Operation, ensuring the Service Desk’s requirements are clearly defined and delivered.
10. To build and maintain good working relationships with customers, suppliers, and other technical areas in the .
11. To take individual responsibility for the promotion and implementation of the Values and Leadership Imperatives.
12. To comply with health and safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment for self and other staff, including carrying out risk assessments and workplace inspections for those areas under the team’s control.
1. Understands and embraces purpose and vision, with a sound knowledge of business in the provision of information services derived from the world’s open source media.
2. Experience of managing and leading an Operational Support team including balancing technical needs against team and management responsibilities.
3. Thorough understanding of the ITIL Service Desk function and Incident, Request Fulfilment, Access Management, Event Management, Problem, Service Level, Change, Configuration, and Service Transition processes. Preferably ITIL qualified.
4. Highly developed team leadership, management, and consultation skills; the ability to maintain productive working relationships both within a team and across team boundaries; coaching, mentoring, and training skills.
5. Proven experience of delivering outstanding customer service.
6. Experience of managing Service Transition of new systems from project to production environments.
7. Ability to self-manage, prioritise, and deliver to clear deadlines.
8. A good understanding of industry standards in technology, and IT service management and operations.
9. Proven interpersonal, customer relation, and team-working skills; ability to forge effective cross team and departmental relationships to the benefit of the Technology Department.
10. Good oral and written communication skills including competent writing skills; experience of producing reports and technical support documentation.