Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Free job description Market Engagement
In this case in the digital industry
Working in partnership with the industry to deliver products and services and establishing closer working relationships with the industry to lead and facilitate the engagement of suppliers.
Market Engagement job description
• Be ‘front of house’ for all companies contacting from cold.
Provide active support on possible options and referral points. Provide candid feedback where required.
• Develop detailed understanding of likely external supply requirements, overseeing a portfolio of products.
• Keep records of companies who have approached and maintain database of contacts, categorised by specialism.
• Be initial contact point for suppliers working with for the first time, ensuring set up of details for invoicing and payment and other necessary tasks to ensure efficient set up of new suppliers. Liaise internally with Finance, Legal and Procurement to troubleshoot and overcome problems.
• Work closely with product groups to understand requirements and support the writing of briefs and tender documents to a consistently high standard.
Market Engagement job description [cont]
• Organise focused briefing sessions where external companies are invited to learn about priorities and likely expenditure from budget holders and commissioners.
• Research and undertake competitor analysis where third party sites have identified new product features or audience-facing services developed working with external suppliers.
• Help product groups evaluate different opportunities to establish best value for money. Work with product groups to compile score-sheets setting out project requirements to demonstrate fairness and transparency.
• Ensure there is adequate support for product teams towards achieving their agreed quota targets for external spend.
• Develop and manage account plans where identified long term working relationship opportunities with companies on the procurement roster. Set agendas for routine supplier meetings and agree follow up actions to be monitored as agreed.
• Provide input into training modules to support high professional standards of working relationships with access to the external supply market.
Market Engagement job description [cont]
• Demonstrate sound working knowledge of procurement guidelines and be able to communicate implications clearly and concisely for the benefit of internal stakeholders.
• Provide input and tangible data to support all papers submitted covering all subjects related to market engagement and supplier management.
• Act as an “Expert User” of the procurement management system, responsibilities will include regularly publishing tender documents, responding to commissioner and supplier queries, user account management and liaising with Procurement.
• Work with Legal department to identify risks and help product teams to propose mitigation strategies where appropriate. Maintain on-going close relationships with legal and procurement counterparts to support clear decision making.
• Experience of managing and developing key accounts in media or related industry context. Can demonstrate track record of this, ideally in a digital media agency environment.
• Good working knowledge of digital media, particularly software development, testing and UX.
• Goal oriented with experience of working in a target and delivery driven environment.
• Appreciation of how new technologies can deliver
• Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver messages clearly and diplomatically.
• Curious about new market developments. Able to research new market opportunities and identify trends
• Able to influence at a senior level, managing a wide range of stakeholders, including negotiation, persuasion and facilitation skills.
• Ability to manage a portfolio of projects simultaneously, prioritising appropriately, managing time efficiently.
COMPETENCIES -Market Engagement job description
For successful performance in this role the candidate must demonstrate the skills listed below.
Communication - able to get message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
Analytical Thinking – Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Able to identify causal relationships, and construct frameworks, for problem-solving and/or development
Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Technical Expertise or Subject Specialism / Knowledge – in-depth knowledge of procurement processes, legal requirements and best practice in managing external supply chains.
Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Maximising business effectiveness – provides the best value by sharing our resources, looks for value for money sets realistic budgets and manages them effectively, considers the business implications of decisions, avoids waste and challenges under use of resources.
Using external thinking – builds bridges with useful organisations and innovative thinkers, keeps up to date with developments in their field, responds to the demands of our commercial environment, relishes feedback and responds honestly to what our customers have to say, whether likes it or not
This will include fully professionalising dealings with the online supply market, ensuring ’s internal processes are accessible and aligned with the strategy, creating and overseeing on-going programmes to drive standards of excellence in this field.
Will play an active role in the success of the overall Marketing Engagement function, by supporting a range of supplier engagement projects across the product, business and legal functions of the division to ensure the smooth running of the ’s external commissioning and supplier engagement processes
• Help ensure stakeholder relationships are managed in line with values.
• Undertake account management of key companies on ’s list of roster suppliers.