Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
[Editor -this is operating at assistant Media Manager level for a large broadcaster]
The Information and Archives department archives and catalogues information from TV, Radio and new media (for example online material). There are many different collections from which information and content can be sourced e.g. television and radio programme output, music, information research, pictures and documents. The department archives this material particularly with regard to its re-use.
1. Carrying out support duties such as -ingest, intake acquisition, cataloguing, documentation, enquiry, issue, selection, disposal and technical work requiring sound judgement.
2. The knowledge of and ability to operate technical equipment for copying, viewing and listening purposes according to agreed procedures, when judgement on quality is essential.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
1. Experience or informed knowledge of libraries and archive processes.
2. Experience of working to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
3. Excellent, proven customer service skills.
4. Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office -Word, Excel, Outlook
5. Familiar with electronic library systems and various types of broadcast formats.
6. Proven knowledge of the broadcasting industry
Media Manager Job Description TV [end]
1. Planning and organising- Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
2. Communication-Is able to get your message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
3. Team-working-Is able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
4. Resilience-Manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
5. Flexibility-Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in own organisation or job requirements.
6. Please answer the application questions based on how your skills & experience meet the requirements outlined in the job description.
Media Manager Job Description TV
The department is facing radical change with the move to digital media management and the increasing provision of services online rather than through traditional service methods.
This role is responsible for carrying out the full range of support functions within company Information and Archives. These functions cover a range of clerical, administrative and technical support.
3. Contributing to the development of support functions in line with media management and customer needs and/or changes in business processes within company Information and Archives.
4. To undertake other duties appropriate to the level of this position.