Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Chief Press Officer, you will take charge of a busy press desk on a rota basis. You will work with executives and publicity colleagues to oversee communications to the media, prepare articles, brief senior management and co-ordinate communications activity.
* To ensure that the business protects and promotes its image in a proper, co-ordinated and concerted way using rapid response to pre-empt criticism and exploiting opportunities for enhancingthe business reputation.
Context Media Relations Manager job description [cont]
* * Responsible to the Chief Press Officer, supported by a small team of Press Officers, for managing press and PR information systems.
* * Future focus is fundamental, all staff are expected to actively explore and identify new and interesting avenues for communicating effectively and imaginatively with audiences. Staff should also actively take an interest in developments in social and cultural trends, developments in broadcasting and related industries and actively share learning and insights across the division.
* * All staff will be expected to work flexibly across a range of genres and across all media, irrespective of their area of specialism, in line with business need and to positively develop their understanding of the wider division. Staff may also be asked to move around the division on a reasonably regular basis to further positively develop areas of understanding and as career development.
Key Outputs Media Relations Manager job description [cont]
Media Relations Manager job description [cont]
# * Actively promoting and developing collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community, which includes co-ordinating appropriate and consistent responses to key issues which are in line with business policy.
# * Developing effective communication channels within the wider business Press and PR community. This may include setting up and co-ordinating ad hoc working groups with the aim of enhancing the effectiveness of the press and publicity function.
# * Optimising and reviewing communication systems and processes to enhance the accuracy and timely flow of communication across the organisation, ensuring that key IT press and publicity systems are effectively utilised.
# * Proactively monitoring activities and situations so as to detect issues before they emerge, particularly those issues which could impact negatively onthe business reputation and standing both externally and with internal business audiences. Devise appropriate plans and strategies to address these effectively.
# * Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the range of national and regional press contacts to ensure the business reputation is promoted and to deflect criticism where possible. Plan and oversee execution of press events.
# * Acting as senior spokesperson to media, particularly at the weekends and other occasions when the Head of Press and Chief Press Officer are unavailable. Develop areas of expertise in specific broadcasting related fields, particularly new developments and policies.
# * Monitoring the overall effectiveness of the publicity teams, ensuring they are continually kept up-to-date on matters that affect both the publicity community and corporate communications. Advise where relevant on editorial material and standards as they apply to overall business policy
# * Leading on setting and maintaining professional standards in the press office, ensuring that all material is produced to the highest editorial and journalistic standards. Research and write briefing material, press releases and articles for internal and external use.
# * Managing Press Officers and support staff, involving responsibility for recruitment, training and appraisal and daily rota management. Acting as first point of referral on difficult or sensitive issues from the press.
# * Assist in the day-to-day management and provision of editorial content to the business online press office. Ensure the highest editorial standards are applied to the site from the press office team.
# * To comply with all relevant business safety rules, procedures and guidelines. To be aware of responsibilities under the business safety policy.
# * To comply with the business policies on Diversity and to apply the principles of the policy when carrying out the role.
Key Selection Criteria
* * Must have experience of proactive and reactive media relations and crisis management.
* * Track record and demonstrable experience in media relations together with strong media contacts.
* * Wide knowledge of, demonstrable interest in the business and how it operates (with understanding of the issues facing the business in the Digital Age) together with in depth knowledge of key issues facing broadcasting.
Media Relations Manager job description [cont]
* * Communication - excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to get message across by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and nature of information. Ability to deal with a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy.
* * Managing performance - sets challenging team and individual objectives and trusts people to get on with them, shares clear expectations about required performance levels, rewards success and addresses performance issues quickly and fairly, treats team members with honesty, respect and compassion.
* * Collaborating across boundaries - challenges systems, processes and people that block collaboration, connects people, ideas, processes and issues, sets an example by sharing resources, knowledge ideas and skills across theorganisation, builds helpful, productive relationships across the organisation.
* * Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
* * Planning and organisation - able to think ahead in order to establish and efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources. Ability to quickly assimilate complex information and take independent action where necessary.
* * Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
* * Resilience - strong ability to work with ambiguity and constantly changing set of circumstances and issues. Manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions and sustaining performance in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
Media Relations Manager job description [cont]
You`ll have worked at the sharp-end of media relations, probably within a high profile public or commercial organisation. The post involves leading a team of press officers, so strong people management skills are essential.
Media Relations Manager job description
* * Devising and developing effective strategies to address live and potential issues which may impact on the organisations image in the short, medium and longer-term.
* * Ensuring the development and maintenance of collaborative working relationships within press and publicity community.
* * Drive forward, manage and develop communications systems and processes in order to assure rapid, consistent response, predominantly the effective operation, utilisation and development of business key press and publicity IT systems (Media Link and Response).
* * Gathering and disseminating accurate and timely information to press and publicity staff and management across the organisation through robust communication systems and processes.
* * Developing and maintaining strong, professional relationships with press and media colleagues.
# * Accountable for the provision of professional guidance and support to colleagues and the team of publicity officers.
# * On a rota basis, act as duty editor for business press and publicity, exercising editorial leadership to manage the flow of news aboutthe business to the media.
# * Comprehensive gathering and dissemination of accurate and timely information both to press and publicity staff throughout the business and to the media.