Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Mobile Test Engineer job description
The Test Engineer would be responsible for:
• Integrating with the development team to provide efficient manual and automated testing throughout the entire development lifecycle.
• Troubleshooting live mobile products – verifying reported live issues, identifying their underlying cause and seeing them through to resolution, liaising with development and product management teams where appropriate.
• Mobile device evaluation - work with device manufacturers, product managers and COMPANY development teams to test and optimise our mobile products on new mobile devices.
• ‘Mobile Device Champion’ – provide expertise on mobile devices, their capabilities, specification and operation. Provide configuration of devices and supporting infrastructure (e.g. wireless routers). Keep up-to-date with emerging mobile technologies.
Specifically, the purpose of the role is as follows;
- Provide expertise in mobile devices, their configuration, operation and capabilities.
- Work with device manufacturers, product managers and COMPANY development teams to test and optimise mobile products on new mobile devices.
• Automating functional and regression tests using well-structured maintainable code.
• Championing testing, effective test automation and good testing practices.
• Actively supporting agile development methods and best practices.
• Supporting and actively work towards test driven development.
• Helping to improve processes and procedures.
• Raising descriptive, concise and useful bug reports.
• Producing clear and concise test reports and release notes when needed.
• Quickly acquiring new testing and technical skills and working with new technologies with little support.
• Working with other testers and development teams to ensure the spread of good practices and knowledge.
• Assisting with the setting up and configuration of test environments.
• Carrying out tool evaluations and selections.
• Taking part in talks and knowledge shares.
Knowledge and Experience
• Demonstrable experience developing or testing mobile products across multiple mobile platforms, particularly iOS, Android, Blackberry and WindowsPhone 7.
• Experience working with Xcode, Eclipse and Android SDK or other mobile app SDKs and IDEs.
• Experience of hands-on testing in Agile development environments (especially Scrum and XP).
• Working knowledge of mobile video and audio encoding formats.
• Working knowledge of product/defect management systems, preferably Jira.
• Experience of and ability to design and execute effective test cases.
• Experience of technical troubleshooting of mobile applications.
• Experience of exploratory testing
• Experience of developing automated test scripts.
• Working knowledge of automated testing solutions for mobile products.
• Experience in and ability to develop software applications or script using a recognised programming or scripting language.
• Knowledge of the full software development and testing lifecycle.
• Ability and experience of communicating effectively across all levels of the organisation, including experience in test planning and estimating.
• Experience in forging and maintaining relationships with external partners and third parties.
• An appreciation of good user experience and being prepared to be the users’ advocate
• Able to work without supervision to research around problems and find optimal solutions.
• Ability to meet challenging operational deadlines and communicate difficulties as early as possible.
• A passion for technology, particularly mobile devices.
• ISEB, ISTQB or CAT certification.
• A strong interest in COMPANY’s online output - especially Mobile.
• Working knowledge of a CI system to create builds, ideally Hudson.
• Experience in using configuration management or version control tools.
• Understanding of Test Driven Development.
• Experience with or understanding of COMPANY product architectures.
• Experience of interactive broadcast TV, IPTV or games consoles.
- Integrate with the development team to provide manual and automated testing expertise to enable fast and effective delivery of high quality products.
- Provide technical troubleshooting of operational issues.