Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
National Sales Manager job description -Conventions
• The ability to organize and execute customer events in the marketplace.
• Working knowledge of major destinations within territory.
• Involvement in industry related organizations.
• Plan, coordinate and execute customer FAM events.
Education and Experience
• Four year degree from an academic, business or hospitality institution, or a minimum of four years of hospitality industry sales experience.
Responsible for sales activities that promote the area to meeting planners and trade show managers as a destination for conventions, meetings and trade show conferences. Handles accounts with 151 rooms on peak night or higher; achieves specific goals as assigned.
• Researches and generates convention and hotel bookings in an assigned market and achieves an effective sales goal in room night quotas, telephone calls, site inspections, lead room nights and correspondence.
• Maintains a well informed working knowledge of all hotels, attractions and services, both public and private, available in the area; develops and maintains a close working relationship with personnel from each facility and acts a liaison between meeting planners and the hospitality community.
• Assist meeting planners with referrals to Destination Service Manager or other service providers.
• Make written, computer generated or personal Bid presentations to board of directors, convention delegates or site selection committees to present the area as a meeting destination.
• Prospects for new business utilizing databases and directories.
• Maintains accurate and uniform documentation of all sales files.
• Makes Sales trips, attends conferences, tradeshows, sales missions and networking meetings to promote convention business which can also include pre-planning, target marketing, pre/post mailers, industry event registrations and arrangements for tradeshows.
Coordinates and conducts VIP site inspections for visiting organizations showcasing hotels, facilities, attractions and community aspects of interest to the visiting delegate.
• Participate in creating a budget and marketing plan for the Group Sales Division.
• Respond on a timely basis to all inquiries for future business and encourage future convention business from community contacts.
• Maintains an awareness of competitor's products, promotions and industry issues that influence sales by establishing a rapport with other divisions within our organization, members and related hospitality professional organizations in the community.
• Provide members with the necessary information in a lead that will enable them to properly evaluate and correctly bid for conventions meetings or trade show business.
• Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on client and office demands.
• Ability to operate computer, account management system and general office equipment.
• Complete commitment to the goals and mission
• Co-manage one sales assistant.