Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Experience and work achievements
• Experience in supporting end user and desktop IT Systems to enhance service provision.
• Experience in delivery of technical support against organisational needs.
• Experience of the safe and appropriate use of desktop IT Systems and equipment.
Skills and abilities
• Must be able to demonstrate strong keyboard and data entry / manipulation skills.
• Must hold a full Driving License.
• Must be flexible with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload from a given set of tasks.
• Must be able to communicate with end users on IT related topics.
• Must have the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
• Must have the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
• Must be able to demonstrate commitment to continuous self development
• Demonstrable examples of identifying opportunities to deliver service improvements.
Knowledge and educational achievements
• Must have a basic understanding and knowledge in PC hardware configuration
• Must be competent in the basic use and installation of standard Microsoft desktop applications and operating systems.
• Minimum of GCSE level education in relevant area or demonstrable equivalent experience.
• Experience in a similar helpdesk environment
NET Application Developer
• Developing and supporting in-house Information Systems
• Maintaining and enhancing the Organisation’s Electronic Record infrastructure that sits on top of the Organisation’s PAS
• Developing and supporting interfaces between third party Information Systems and PAS
• Maintaining and enhancing the Organisation’s SharePoint-based intranet as a content management, collaboration and document storage tool
• Design and develop complex interfaces between the Organisation’s PAS and third party & in-house applications using Microsoft BizTalk 2006
• Perform unit, system, integration, regression, load and end-to-end testing on newly developed or enhanced BizTalk interfaces
• Perform patch and new-version releases to test, staging and production interface environments
• Work on the Systems Development team’s current programme of migrating legacy interfaces to our new BizTalk architecture
• Maintain and enhance the Organisation’s SharePoint-based intranet
• Design and develop custom web parts and InfoPath forms to provide additional functionality through the Organisation’s intranet
• Ensure that new applications and interfaces conform to the Systems Development team’s coding standards; are modular and well documented and are re-usable where possible
• Ensure that new clinical applications are compatible with the our Portal architecture
• Co-ordinate UAT (User Acceptance Testing) with business users prior to the implementation of system upgrades
• When required, have line management responsibility for IT staff, ensuring high quality performance management, appraisal, personal development planning and compliance with Organisation policies
• To coach and mentor IT staff when requested
ANALYTICAL & JUDGEMENT SKILLS
• Participate in capacity planning, the design & implementation of backup strategies as well as contingency planning and disaster recovery
• Provide evaluation, advice and guidance on the proposed implementation of new systems ensuring technical compatibility and stability as well as providing advice to senior IT management
• Contribute to the formulation of Organisation IM&T strategy where required
The post holder will be a key member of the Systems Development team and will therefore be expected to analyse, design, develop, test and implement complex applications and interfaces that meet the business needs of the Organisation.
• Analyse, capture and document user and business requirements
• Design and develop complex applications
• Perform unit, system, integration, regression, load and end-to-end testing on newly developed or enhanced applications
• Perform patch and new-version releases to test, staging and production environments
• Provide recommendations for the improvement, re-engineering or replacement of existing clinical applications
• Maintain and enhance the Organisation’s Electronic Record Service that sits on top of PAS
• Maintain and enhance the critical SQL Server database architecture that underpins the majority of the Organisation’s applications
• Assist in the development and production of standard reports and produce ad-hoc reports as requested to meet hospital standards and to assist in audit / research
• Monitor the effectiveness of reporting tools and make recommendations where appropriate
• Ensure that agreed changes are managed with due regard for the effect on staff and quality of service
• Via PRINCE 2 or ITIL methodology, undertake documentation relating to the implementation of system upgrades as well as post system implementation reviews
COMMUNICATIONS & RELATIONSHIP SKILLS-NET Application Developer
• Participate in a high level of communication with all levels of technical and non-technical colleagues
• Work closely and effectively with Systems Development colleagues and the IT Development Manager as well as being able to work unsupervised and on own initiative while prioritising own workload
• Maintain a flexible attitude to work and be able to work effectively under pressure
• Provide technical and non-technical briefings to senior management as well as to executive & board level
• Engage with clinical staff and champion the use of clinical information systems
• Take a lead developer role on certain projects as well as provide mentoring to junior developers or supervision to contract developers
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with other teams within the wider IT Department along with external IT service providers in order to ensure the ongoing delivery and development of high quality services
MAINTAINING & IMPROVING KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & SKILLS
• Keep abreast of current technologies, developments and trends within the IT sector as well as the IM&T industry in general
• Seek to continually upgrade Microsoft and other industry certifications
• Attend courses on new technologies and generally be seen to constantly develop and improve professional knowledge and skills
NET Application Developer
The post holder will be required to carry out risk analysis concerning the systems for which he/she is responsible. This includes complying with Organisation Risk management reporting procedures and guidelines.