Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Network Manager Job Description
To ensure that company Online platforms remain highly available.
To work and liaise with other operational teams and the wider technical community in order to diagnose and fix service affecting issues.
To work and liaise with other operations teams and the wider technical community on design, implementation, and transition to BAU operation of new network infrastructure
To work within Operations and be responsible for a team of network engineers and administration functions for the Internet platforms.
The role has line management responsibility for a team of staff.
• To own and maintain the network infrastructure for the company online services and ensure availability, meeting agreed OLAs and SLAs of 99.99%. This includes all network environments within the company managed platforms across multiple data centres
• To work with company partners to ensure that their networks are configured and maintained to support the levels of availability required.
• To Manage and maintain Internet facing network devices and address space on company platforms
• To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders. This will include technical and operational staff and third parties.
• To lead a team of technical staff (engineers and senior engineers).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Extensive technical knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining large-scale, highly available, Internet facing networks
• Extensive experience troubleshooting multi-tier Internet applications platforms, particularly for web applications and streaming
• Experience with a broad range of network hardware, software
• Deep understanding of network protocols, and their applications and characteristic behaviours
• Experience implementing pragmatic network security and audit
• Current, industry recognised, advanced certification, ideally CCIE, JNCIE or equivalent
• Good understanding of network configuration and troubleshooting on a range of server Operating systems
• Experience of working with application and network layer cryptography and virtualisation
• Competency with Unix/Linux scripting and tools and their application to network engineering, monitoring, automation, and troubleshooting
• Experience of managing senior technical resources
• Experience of working within an ITIL framework
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
• Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
• Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
• Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels.
• Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
• Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
• Good team player, self motivated and able to work on own initiative.
• To ensure that systems are documented and kept current.
• Management of technical developments of operational importance and participation in developing or setting standards as directed.
• To work with the architecture, infrastructure engineering and delivery teams to ensure that the network infrastructure remains current, performs to standard and is well understood.
• To improve the standard of technical operations and competencies within the team.
• To participate in incident, problem and capacity management processes
• To provide a 3rd line on call support for the network and to the 24/7 team as required