Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions-medical careers, medical software, doctor jobs
Nurse Advisor job description
To assess health and clinical needs and deliver care advice to patients over the telephone. The post holder will provide clinical triage, medication advice and health information advice to a range of individuals in a range of emotional states.
QUALIFICATIONS / ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS REQUIRED TO DO THE JOB
• Level 1 RGN with current NMC registration.
• Evidence of continued professional knowledge/courses/training at Diploma level.
EXPERIENCE - TYPE AND DEPTH OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO DO THE JOB • Experience in a high intensity area such as A&E, Minor illnesses, Primary Care.
• Ability to undertake a month long training period.
• Good understanding of integrated governance.
• Awareness of Child and Adult Safe guarding Issues.
SPECIAL APTITUDES REQUIRED (EG PRESENTATION SKILLS, ABILITY TO WORK UNSUPERVISED ETC) • Patient assessment skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• IT literate & keyboard skills.
• Ability to work autonomously.
PERSONAL DISPOSITION (EG PERSONALITY, DEPENDABILITY)
• Problem solving skills.
• Adaptable, reliable & flexible.
• Team player.
• Accountable for the direct delivery of clinical advice and care to patients.
• Provide skilled and effective assessment of patients presenting clinical need through telephone consultation with the support of clinical decision support software, throughout which the Nurse is required to be accountable for using professional judgment at all times.
• Liaise effectively with caller and third party in critical situations where information is not consistent or may be disputed.
• Keep immediate, concise and accurate electronic records of assessment with all service users.
• Remain focused on service delivery with unpredictable, diverse and challenging workload, managing own workload.
• Develop and maintain practice and competencies in the role of Nurse Advisor at all times.
• Apply critical analysis to the complex information presented during the assessment, providing accurate healthcare advice in order to empower service users.
• Follow all CNCS policies and procedures diligently to ensure the application of safe and best practice in role.
• Use clinical support software correctly and effectively for decision making.
• Identify and use all available resources to support and underpin clinical decision-making.
• Recognise opportunities to provide health information and advice to service users during consultation.
• Use critical thinking skills to support call centre staff in decision-making during medical emergencies and sensitive situation.
• Refer to peers or colleagues as necessary for advice but maintain accountability and responsibility for decisions made in relation to clinical calls.
• Ensure correct reporting procedures are followed at all times with regard to any identified issues, incidents or concerns.
• Communicate very sensitive condition related information to patients and relatives: deal with highly distressed callers, some of whom may be suicidal.
• Any other duties appropriate to the grade of the post that may be reasonably required by the appropriate manager.
• Participate in peer review and continuous quality improvement sessions as necessary to ensure clinical skills and knowledge is kept up-to-date