Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Nursing Assistant Job Description
Under the direction and general supervision of a registered nurse, the post holder will undertake assigned tasks involving direct patient care, to work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, and work in conjunction with the Therapy Team.
To promote supportive care in partnership with patients and carers.
The post will involve shift work and nights
Need to be prepared to work in patient areas and departments ie laboratories.
PRACTICAL AND INTELLECTUAL SKILLS (INCLUDING ANY SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE)
Able to carry out instructions. Good communication. Able to think for yourself. Flexible.
DISPOSITION/ ADJUSTMENT/ ATTITUDE
Cheerful, adaptable, pleasant and outward going. Positive attitude. Ability to stay calm. Able to work with sick people in a clinical environment observing impeccable standards of Infection Control
Willingness to be trained. To attend Trust Courses, mandatory to staff.
Need for lift, push and pull. Must tolerate standing for approx 95%of shift, walking for approx 50% and bending for approx 25%. ie filling linen cupboards.
Must be adaptable to work where needed on hospital site. Must be over 18 years of age. Enhanced Criminal records check satisfactory.
Post-holder must comply with professional code of conduct
4. Conversing with the patients and their relatives/carers, ascertaining their needs and assisting them as necessary. This will include, reporting observations of the patients’ presentation, behaviour, mood and verbal content and assisting patients in their basic hygiene and safety needs. Explaining ward routines and informing patients, and visitors of fire procedures.
5. Empower patients by ensuring that they receive relevant information: about their treatment: medication: available services: advocacy services, and directing them to the qualified nursing staff.
6. Respecting and maintaining confidentiality in relation to patients, staff and other matters involving hospital practice. Being aware of legislation and Company policies that effect working practice. (Data Protection Act)
7. Ensuring that any entries made by the post holder in the nursing notes are current, relevant and accurate, and the content is reported & counter signed by the registered nurse or relevant professional.
8. Maintaining a general knowledge of current arrangements, operational policies, clinical objectives, procedures and overall philosophy of care - always working in accordance with these.
9. Ensuring good working relationships with all grades and disciplines, contributing to the effective running of the ward by engaging in ward discussions and attending appropriate meetings. Attend and contribute to ward hand-overs.
10. Under direct supervision of the registered member of the team promote the value and benefit of individual and group therapy within
1. To undertake a range of duties related to acutely ill clients under the supervision of trained staff. The degree of involvement will be determined by a registered nurse, who will assess the extent of supervision required, having considered the particular circumstances and assessed the post holder’s experience. To accompany when directed, clients to other departments of the hospital. To carry out any other tasks delegated and supervised by the nurse in charge.
2. Caring for the patient’s physical, psychological, social and recreational needs, as instructed by the Registered Nurse or Nurse in Charge.
3. Observing and reporting any changes which may indicate an alteration in the patient’s general well being.
the ward setting. Encouraging and participating in therapeutic activities by working with the ward based Occupational Therapy staff and ward based Group work nurses to develop, promote and with supervision participate in a range of therapeutic activities, ensuring wherever possible the ownership and participation of the whole nursing team in the range of activities.
11. Alerting the registered nurse, to faults or potential hazards within the ward and the immediate vicinity. Always work in accordance with the regulations related to Health and Safety, Fire, and Environmental Health. To be familiar with and conform to the Company’s policies on safety procedures, incorporating the Health and Safety Act.
12. Reporting, to the registered nurse, any untoward incidents, accidents or complaints involving patients, relatives, visitors and staff, as per Company policy.
13. Care for patients and hospital property and comply with the instructions, guidance and Company Policies, in relation to the handling of patient’s cash and valuables.
14. Work in an intensive nursing environment when the need arises.
15. Respond and work flexibly in light of service developments and the changing needs of the service.
16. To understand the needs and nursing care of patients: suffering from mental illness, detained under the Mental Health Act 1983, violent and aggressive clients.
17. To be aware of and comply with current ward Policies.
18. Ensure that the ward environment is clean and tidy at all times. Liase with ward Housekeeper regarding the expected standard of cleanliness.
19. . Be aware of, and adhere to, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
20. To take part in Mandatory and Developmental Training as identified in Personal Development Plan.