Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Provides general care to patients in hospital or similar healthcare facility by performing duties, in compliance with Staffing and hospital standards of maintaining confidentiality, integrity, quality care and professionalism
• Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and ease apprehension.
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing
• Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment and examination of patient.
• Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
• Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or
physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
• Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from
normal, assess condition of patient and responds appropriately.
• Makes beds, bathes and feeds patients.
• Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures and protocol.
• Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
• Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as
prescribed by physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction.
Nursing job description
• Safeguards confidentiality of patients and client.
• Follows hospital safety rules and procedures while on assignment.
• Reports unsafe work conditions to the attention of your immediate supervisor.
• Follows facility’s Exposure Control Plan based on OSHA’s Bloodborne pathogen Standard and CDC guidelines for healthcare personnel (Standard Precautions means treating blood, all body fluids, excretions and secretions, plus non-intact skin and mucous membranes as though infected with bloodborne or other pathogens. Standard
Precautions incorporates features of both Universal Precautions and Body Substance Isolation practices to protect you against the risk of bloodborne pathogens as well as pathogens from moist body substances. Remember that all body fluids pose a potential risk of infection.
• Uses PPE where appropriate.
education and experience
• 1 year recent hospital experience
• Current BLS certification
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
• 2 references current within the last year
essential requirements and responsibilities
• 1 year general experience in a hospital setting
• Current RN license (in good standing, without disciplinary investigation and actions)
• Current BLC
• Head-to-toe assessments – knowledge of normal vs. abnormal findings and reporting of
abnormal findings to Charge Nurse, M.D., if warranted.
• Critical thinking to intervene with appropriate intervention for urgent/emergent care. Care
of the acute and chronically ill patients.
• Knowledge of hemodynamics
• Basic IV skills
• Phlebotomy skills
• Identifying and managing life-sustaining physiologic functions in unstable patients.
• Completes required hospital orientation at assigned hospital.
• Floats among various clinical services (where qualified and competent).
• Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
• Performs duties under the direct clinical supervision of the assigned client.