Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
This appointment is for a full-time Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with a small component of gynaecology, sufficient to retain skills.
The applicant will be expected to take a major role in the organisation and delivery of the office /ambulatory gynaecology service. There are future plans to develop further outpatient gynaecology services within the new purpose built gynaecology outpatient department.
-To ensure the provision of a first class clinical service
- To provide effective leadership to all staff engaged in the specialty
- To sustain and develop teaching and research wherever appropriate
- To undertake all work in accordance with the Trust’s procedures and operating policies
- Demonstrate a firm involvement in Clinical Governance, Risk Management and Clinical Audit. This will include the development and maintenance of appropriate systems and practices to ensure continued safe clinical practice.
- Ensure own practice is up-to-date. This will include taking responsibility for own Clinical Professional Development and participating in the Trust’s Performance Review.
- Participate in annual appraisals and Job Plan reviews.
- Operate a system of cover for annual, study and professional leave with the current Consultants in post.
- Deputise for absent colleagues, as far as is practicable.
- Foster effective working relationships between various members of the Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Sexual Health Directorate and wider Division, including Managerial, Midwifery, Nurse, Professional, Secretarial and Technical staff.
Education and Training
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary structured programme of training and education for medical, nursing and other professional staff groups within the Trust. (including students).
- Participate in the systematic assessment of junior medical staff.
- Where agreed, to act as Educational Supervisor to junior and middle grade medical staff, being responsible for their appraisal and personal development planning.
- Participate in training and support programmes for Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Enable participation in CME - the successful candidate will be entitled to study leave with pay and expenses, with a maximum of 30 days in a period of three years.
Obstetrician job description [cont]
Audit and Governance
- To promote evidence based practice. To respond appropriately to NICE guidance. To change own and others clinical practice in response to new clinical developments.
- To undertake and supervise relevant clinical audit topics.
- To be involved in risk management and quality assurance.
- To respond appropriately to complaints and critical incidents.
- To undertake all work in accordance with Hospitals procedures and operating policies
- To attend accredited conferences and meetings to update personal level of clinical practice, teaching and management skills in line with CME requirements.
- To participate in an annual Job Planning Review process
- To participate in the Trust’s annual Appraisal process
- To adhere to Trust Adverse Clinical Incident Policy
- Ensure the national standards of competence and performance are monitored and achieved to assure quality in relation to clinical practice.
Obstetrician job description [cont]
- Contribute to the management of clinical risk through monitoring of clinical incidents, complaints and litigation.
- Ensure that own record keeping and that of other of medical staff meets both the Trust and the Directorate standards.
General Management / Administration
- Together with Senior Medical, Managerial, Midwifery and Nursing colleagues provide strong leadership / direction within the Obstetric, Gynaecology and Sexual Health Directorate and wider Division.
- Ensure a team approach to care through the establishment of explicit lines of communication, ensuring that the roles and responsibilities of doctors, midwifery and nursing staff are clearly identified and recorded to show clarity.
- Establish / participate in Multi-disciplinary forums to review patient management and to ensure that patients receive care appropriate to their needs.
- Explore the use of computerised documentation using recognised and acceptable programmes.
- Participate in departmental consultant and senior staff meetings whilst remaining within the framework of the agreed strategy of the Trust and the Department
- Attend other departmental, Divisional and Trust meetings as necessary
- Attend regional and national meetings as necessary
- Work within the framework of team decisions.
- Take a whole systems approach to working with the wider health community
- Show initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility
- The post-holder will be immediately accountable to the Clinical Director and Business Manager.
- The post-holder will be expected to undertake an appraisal and to respond to any identified development needs
- Supervise junior doctors, relevant midwifery, nursing and allied healthcare professionals and assist in training in accordance with established Trust, Divisional and Directorate policies and protocols and appraisal where appropriate.
- Participate in undergraduate/postgraduate teaching as appropriate.
- To undertake rota master duties if required by the department.
Obstetrician job description [cont]
- Accept personal responsibility and accountability for own Infection Prevention and Control practice
- Ensure familiar with, and comply with, all relevant Infection Control policies to minimise the risk of avoidable Health Care Associated Infection
- Ensure receipt of annual mandatory updates in Infection Control
Obstetrician job description
The successful applicant will be expected to also provide general
antenatal intra-partum and post-natal care to patients of the Trust. They will be expected to support, advise and work collaboratively with midwives, GP`s and colleagues and to attend multi-disciplinary meetings.
The successful candidate will be expected to work within multi-disciplinary teams in providing high quality clinical care.
- To conduct clinical practice in accordance with contractual requirements and within the parameters of the Trust’s and Division’s services plans
- To maintain the confidence of business plans and development strategies formulated for the specialty, the Women and Children’s Division or the Trust.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POST
- Provide and develop further, with clinical colleagues, Obstetric and Gynaecological services for the Trust and to collaborate with colleagues in all disciplines including primary and tertiary care, where appropriate, to achieve an integrated service for patients.
- Develop such special skills and interests appropriate to the agreed overall development of the department, in particular undergraduate and postgraduate education.
- Develop a special interest area out-patient / office gynaecology in conjunction with colleagues
- Take ongoing responsibility for patients under their care
Take joint responsibility for the professional supervision and development of training and non-training grade posts in the Directorate. This may include the appraisals of medical staff.
- Develop and maintain good communications with General Medical Practitioners and appropriate outside Agencies.