Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Operational Project Executive Job Description
Working with managers across the division, the Project Executive will lead in the identification and development of integrated systems and common standards and practices which meet both local needs and THE DEPARTMENT’s business needs. The role will be:
• To project manage appropriate divisional technology and operations projects, migrating them into ‘business as usual’ across The department
• To sustain new business processes by enabling key staff to take ownership and to provide guidance and support where appropriate
As part of the project management role the role will be:
• To co-ordinate all divisional workplace accommodation and related issues
• To co-ordinate all divisional IT services and IT development issues
• To work with third parties in ensuring that support, services and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are adhered to within set time scales and review when necessary
• To work with third party suppliers regarding new software requirements and escalate network issues
• To conduct Asset Audits, create a database, identify and reconcile charges made by suppliers against THE DEPARTMENT IT budget
• To represent THE DEPARTMENT at relevant internal and external meetings
• To chair meetings that will have an operational impact on the running of THE DEPARTMENT e.g. Information Technology Co-ordinators community
• To effectively manage the delivery of THE DEPARTMENT business needs by understanding the infrastructure, processes and resources within THE COMPANY and any others who may from time to time provide technology and accommodation services to the division.
• To develop and maintain an effective working partnership with internal and external suppliers.
• To seek, recommend and implement value for money on an ongoing basis
• To authorise IT equipment purchasing across THE DEPARTMENT in keeping with THE COMPANY policy and value for money focus
• To advise, procure and oversee delivery of all services to achieve THE DEPARTMENT business needs in the areas on technology and accommodation
• To co-ordinate and liaise with THE DEPARTMENT procurement to ensure that THE DEPARTMENT get the most cost effective deals.
• Drive efficiency and effectiveness in everything the THE COMPANY delivers to provide value for money for THE COMPANY licence fee payers
• Comply with all relevant THE COMPANY safety rules, procedures and guidelines, and be aware of responsibilities under the THE COMPANY safety policy
• Comply with the THE COMPANY’s policies on Diversity and to apply the principles of the policy when carrying out the role
• Contribute to making THE DEPARTMENT a fantastic place to work and to attract and motivate the best people
• Experience of project planning and management/co-ordination gained in a complex operational environment together with the ability to respond to bring creative and clear thinking to a wide brief
• Proven ability to plan time for self and others and to meet deadlines
• Experience of working with and taking the lead with teams of people from different levels, disciplines and interests to achieve common goals
• Ability to communicate complex ideas and issues effectively to different audiences; to influence and persuade to gain buy in
• Ability to resolve issues analytically, defining, evaluating and implementing appropriate solutions
• Highly IT literate with demonstrable knowledge of a wide range of IT financial systems and ability to quickly learn and apply new processes and systems
• Demonstrable skills in managing relationships and interests; strong team player
• Understanding of the THE COMPANY’s organisation, policies and concerns
• Capacity to use initiative combined with effective time-management and self-scheduling skills
• Flexible approach and ability to remain effective under pressure of workload and challenging deadlines
• Experience of developing new processes and procedures.
• Experience of budget management and ensuring the efficient use of resources.
• Operationally proficient, able to embrace change, and make improvements to working practices
• Able to demonstrate awareness of business and organisational sensitivities and reflect this in approaches to issues and problem solving
• Excellent project management skills – ability to initiate, plan, manage, deliver and review projects
• Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills, able to collaborate across organisational boundaries to build and lead high performing teams
• Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, both face-to-face and in writing
• Excellent communication skills - articulate with the written and spoken word
• To manage day-to-day relationships with Operations & Technology third party suppliers, in order to deliver the needs of THE DEPARTMENT teams in areas such as IT and accommodation
• To ensure that THE DEPARTMENT’s purchasing policies are implemented and where appropriate reduce costs
• To provide advice to others within THE DEPARTMENT on SAP, and act as a super user and approver across the division
• To provide internal communications support to the team and manage the THE DEPARTMENT intranet
Provide advice to others within Division:
• To support and advise Service Managers of policy on use of THE COMPANY Resources, including IT, as well as other issues including car parking, mobile telephony
• Identify, support and advise on the purchase or lease of all new business office equipment e.g. telecoms, photocopiers, fax machines etc.