Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Operational Services Manager job description
1. To ensure the smooth operation of the hospital and to act as the Team Leader’s deputy during absences. 2. To provide an efficient admin/clerical support structure to underpin the clinical services.
6. To be responsible for completing the monthly payroll FIN sheets for the admin/clerical staff and doctors.
7. To monitor and influence budget along with the management team to ensure that financial targets are met. To attend meeting with the Financial Accountant as and when required.
8. To be responsible for checking and recording invoices and credit notes for items purchased on behalf of the hospital
9. To be responsible for the budgets for administration staff, porter and support services.
10. To contribute to the development of business plans along with the senior management team.
11. To be responsible for the petty cash (£100) and ensure that the reimbursement procedure is followed according to policy.
12. To pay into the Trust Fund any monies raised or donated to the hospital.
13. To take responsibility for the safe custody of patients’ valuables kept in the hospital safe and ensure appropriate procedures are followed.
14. To arrange where possible statutory/mandatory training on site .e.g. fire/health/safety training, CPR/AED and any other relevant training for staff.
15. To complete forms on behalf of patients for DSS, council tax and insurance claims etc.
16. To raise non-stock requisitions for the purchase of items of equipment as and when requested ensuring that purchases are appropriate and best value for money.
17. To be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the site and equipment, which on occasion will involve discussing problems/repairs with the Estates and Facilities team.
18. To produce statistical information on activity as and when requested.
19. When requested, to listen and record any complaints received from patients and/or
visitors to the hospital, following procedure for processing these with the Corporate Governance Dept.
20. The post holder may be required to cover for other OSM’s within Ealing as and when required.
1.1 General level of education, ‘O’ level or equivalent
1.2 Customer / consumer service training
1.3 Health related studies / NVQ4 in Management or
5 years site management experience.
Knowledge & Skills
2.1 Experience in managing staff
2.2 Experience of administering a recruitment and selection procedures
2.3 Experience of site management including implementing site risk assessments and action plans
2.4 Experience in implementing appraisal and performance management procedures
2.5 Experience of administering day to day operational management systems e.g. positive reporting and absence monitoring
2.6 Knowledge of health and safety legislation
2.7 Knowledge or recent developments/changes in primary and community health services
2.8 Knowledge of delegated budgets and financial procedures e.g. petty cash systems
2.9 Knowledge of Procurement
2.10 Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively orally and in writing
2.11 Ability to use PC and IT systems to improve
efficiency e.g. word processing and
2.12 Ability to work independently and as part of a team
2.13 Ability to work with a wide variety of administrative and professional staff, independent contractors,
other agencies and Trusts
2.14 Ability to problem solve and implement innovative solutions
2.15 Ability to prioritise workload and manage own time
2.16 Ability to deal with complaints from clients and staff
1. To take part in the senior management on-call rota for the hospital.
2. To regularly review their role in order to meet the changing needs of the service. Carry out their appraisal and monitor/report sickness absence in line with the policy, and deal with any disciplinary matters.
3. To deputise for the Team Leader, including attendance at meetings – internally and with outside agencies and contractors. Take decisions during the Team Leader’s absence on issues concerning the day to day operation of the hospital.
4. To monitor the contractual services for:-
a) Maintenance of hospital equipment
b) Domestic services
c) Catering services
e) Patient transport
f) Waste management
5. To liaise with the Estates and Facilities Department on any major/minor improvements to the hospital and deal with any problems/issues with contractors through to resolution.