Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Operations Co-ordinator job description
To co-ordinate the daily running of the Operations Team: scheduling staff & technical facilities, helping manage the day-to-day running of the office, providing management information and support, and operating to the appropriate degree of competency across a range of systems primarily Schedule All.
Operations Co-ordinators form part of a larger team, ensuring a smooth flow of information and best practise across the division.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to remain calm and productive in a pressurised environment.
A good understanding of Conditions of Service and of Local Agreements
A good knowledge of the key production and delivery tools.
The ability to prioritize conflicting requirements.
To serve as the central point of contact in a busy office.
To be able to learn and apply new software systems and to understand the context in which they are used.
A good understanding of the production process.
To be accurate and methodical.
To work with a degree of autonomy.
Ability to build new relationships
Good influencing and persuading skills
Working alongside the Operations Management team, primarily responsible for allocating staff.
To ensure all activities and information are up to date and accurate in all systems.
To support the Unit Manager in the planning, allocation and maintenance of the rota
To maintain and keep up to date the staff duty schedule on a daily basis.
Ensuring efficient use of resources by maintaining rotas, arranging additional cover, buying and collapsing shifts and administering annual leave.
To be responsible for the allocation of bookings to operational staff.
Working with the team and others to plan the effective forward deployment of staff
To liaise with other teams regarding the movement of staff between teams
To ensure effective staff deployment where appropriate e.g. duty trips etc
To be able to deliver seasonal changes in schedules, for example at clock change.
Administration and Management support
1. To be responsible for the daily validation of critical operational schedules.
2. To assist in the planning of duty trips for all operational and production staff and their equipment.
3. To book operational staff on training courses.
4. To provide managers with performance data for financial forecasting, management reports and business planning.
5. To work with others to ensure common approaches and process to key tasks are maintained.
Scheduling and Systems knowledge.
• To advocate and encourage best practice in the use of scheduling systems
• To help and advise other users planning changes in the way they use the system.
• To represent the division`s interests by both leading user forums and suggesting system developments/enhancements.
• Where needed to provide follow up advice to new super users.
• To have an in depth knowledge of current scheduling systems and to operate above super user level.