Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Operations Director job description
To ensure that all operations are are carried out effectively and safely and are adequately supported by the functions.
Operations Director job description
Key aims and objectives
· Protecting the reputation and interests of the company at all times.
· Proactive identification of potential issues, taking action and bringing to closure.
· Decisive leadership of Functions and Projects.
· Delivery of annual project profit and cash flow targets.
· Setting of clear goals and priorities for direct reports
· Understanding key personnel capabilities.
· Understanding and reacting to customers needs.
Prime responsibilities and duties
· Direct resources to achieve or exceed targets.
· Support functional managers to develop and control the annual operating budgets of the functional departments.
· Support project managers to accurately forecast, commit to and deliver the annual revenue / gross margin forecasts of their projects
· Ensure compliance with all statutory, client and company requirements.
· Recognise good performance and dealing with non performance
· Ensure the Promotion of the highest standards of safety and environmental performance at all times.
· Ensure the ongoing competence and development of staff.
· Ensure that the right people are in the right positions.
· Continually monitor performance and actively implement a programme of continuous improvement within operations.
· Link reports to the strategy and operational targets
· Lead the monthly project reviews and hold a monthly operations meeting for your functions.
· Develop a full awareness of operating costs.
· Provide (or know where to seek) expert guidance for projects as and when required.
· Ensure that project emergency response plans and training are adequate and up to date.
· Ensure that the planned programmes are effectively executed and that resource availability meets requirements.
· Prepare operational input to the GR report from key issues raised in the monthly project reports.
· Improving the ratings of issues on the Risk Register that are owned by the Operations Director.
· Complete annual staff PDR and salary reviews and manage remuneration expectations of team.
· Develop annual functional business plans, identifying key activities and priorities.
· Develop and implement a succession plan.
· A multi-disciplined engineering background
· BSc or equivalent in relevant technical discipline.
· Minimum of 15 years experience with an engineering company at a senior level, at least two years international engineering experience.
· Project Management experience within Natural Resources
· Professional and positive approach.
· Highly motivated; eager to contribute to the success of the business
· Dynamic and creative
· Team player and able to work on own initiative
· Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels.
· Regular project visits.
· Must be able to work flexibly in different environments.
· Must keep technically up-to-date
· Must work at all times in the best interest of company
· Must comply with the requirements of the Company's and/or the Client's Safety Management System (SMS).
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
· Motivator - able to motivate and encourage team
· Self-starter – able to take general directives / strategy and convert them into execution plans
· Decisive – able and willing to make decisions to move issues forward (willing to make and learn from mistakes in the process)
· Positive attitude, Team Player
· Adaptable – plans are important, but an ability to be able to adapt and adjust is key to success in this role
· Patient – a high degree of patience is needed for this role
· High level of emotional awareness / EQ – indirect communication styles
· Internal Communicator – strong communication skills, as well as a personality that is supportive of training, mentoring and coaching of team.
External Communicator – strong communication skills with customers, ability to effectively support projects with strong, clear communication to customers, often on people, schedule, HSE and quality matters.