Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Operations Manager job description
Responsible to a General Manager for the delivery of accident & emergency services to the patients within the locality.
The key function will be to ensure that the Trust meets and sustains key national ambulance performance targets.
The post holder will be the face of the Service in their area and accountable for:
• Leading and managing all staff in their locality
• The individual performance of all resources allocated to the defined locality
• Supporting the Directors in building and managing all external and internal relationships with stakeholders required to provide those services, including particularly the public and their representatives, staff and their representatives, other care and service providers in the locality and the local authorities, politicians and media
• Maintaining current and seeking new business opportunities in their localities in all areas of the trusts operational delivery but especially urgent and primary care, in line with the strategic direction of the trust.
• Maintain close working relationships with the General Manager and take on responsibility for facilities such as Resource Centres once established.
This is a senior management post with a substantial level of devolved autonomy and overall accountability for all of the Trust’s activities within their locality and within the strategic and operational agenda as it affects the area.
1. Achieve and maintain ambulance response standards.
2. Ensure that the Trust maximises the use of resources and that resource is delivered in accordance with the operational plan.
3. Accountable for service delivery to required standards and development of the service area through their management teams.
4. Taking delegated responsibility for the running of the Trust in their locality as a member of the Senior Operations Team.
5. Accountable for service planning and development for the service area and implementation of the subsequent management plans.
6. Accountable for the morale, management and availability of resources in own service area and for generating participative relationships with both staff and our users in how the service is provided.
7. Accountable for performance management of the service area through quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators including both internal and external measurement criteria.
8. Taking responsibility for managing the strategic development and implementation of operational risk management including health and safety and national service targets covering clinical and corporate governance issues.
9. Accountable in own area for managing the timely response to complaints, clinical incident management, and accident management systems with other Departments and implement systems of learning from errors, omissions and complaints to eliminate or minimise any risk of recurrence by creating systems for learning and continual quality and service improvement.
10. Development and introduction of corporate Standard Operating Procedures, where necessary in partnership with other departments for the operations functions in the service area and ensuring and measuring local compliance to these.
11. To maintain an overview of compliance throughout the Locality with Service policies and procedures, placing particular emphasis on a high performance and quality conscious culture.
12. Where possible resolve grievances and disputes that have been escalated, with an emphasis on resolving concerns at a local level.
13. Responsible for ensuring that technology and management systems are being used effectively in the delivery of effective and efficient service.
14. Define and agree clear objectives and targets for each manager to ensure each staff member is clear about their role and responsibility within the organisation and the contribution they are making and what is expected of them through the appraisal systems. Regularly and formally review the performance of managers against agreed objectives/targets.
13. Create a team approach to the development and delivery of Services where managers and staff are encouraged to be fully involved in shaping the most effective systems and services.
14. Working with other Senior Managers to integrate corporate strategies, and service plans and procedural systems.
15. Contribute to ensuring all achievable locality based SLAs (within the strategic corporate framework) are in place with local commissioners, the Emergency Care Network and other healthcare providers, communities and voluntary agencies to produce the framework for effective and quantifiable service provision.
16. Reviewing performance by locality with the operations team and presenting regular performance reviews to local stakeholders as part of ongoing dialogue and customer care. Where necessary initiating discussions on proposing amendments to plans to take account of these and population or commissioner contract changes.
17. Devise and implement skill mix and workforce plans and actions (including absence management) to achieve high levels of productivity and contribute to the trusts formal workforce skills analysis and planning functions.
18. Ensure compliance with required standards, codes of practice and legislation.
19. Ensure that the quality of services is audited, analysed and that plans are in place and actioned to provide required improvements.
20. Ensure that reporting management information is made available to senior management and managers and staff in the locality to monitor performance.
21. Take part in the operational ”on call” system and ensure that management for the locality is available whenever required.
22. Develop and maintain appropriate professional relationships with the public, patients and staff (including their representatives) to ensure a continual involvement in the planning and assessment of locality services.
23. Deal with complaints and commendations in a way which is open and objective and which seeks to improve the quality of service provision and the confidence of stakeholders in the Trust.
24. Undertake project management as agreed with the Directors.
25. To be responsible for own personal and professional development and undertake such programmes as required.
26. To deputise for the General Manager when required.
The Operations Manager is responsible, with the General Manager for preparing an annual budgetary proposal for the Sector to meet the anticipated requirements placed on service delivery during the year and any development initiatives agreed within the Service Plan by the Corporate and Policy Boards. The Operations Manager is also responsible, with the General Manager for monitoring and controlling expenditure within sector service delivery, remaining within financial balance and contributing to any cash releasing efficiency savings required of the Trust.
To maintain a local risk register and review the relevant corporate risks that relate to the Locality. Ensure that risk assessments are conducted, controls implemented and reviews undertaken.
• Education to Diploma level in either health and social care, management or systems.
• ICT knowledge/qualification (especially Microsoft Windows software).
• Major Incident Medical Management (MIMMs) qualification or prepared to achieve within 12 months.
• Emergency Driving Qualification or prepared to achieve within 12 months.
• Demonstrable successful line management experience at head of service level of an operational service with specific responsibilities for people, resources and public relations
• Experience of programmes of change management
• Skills/experience of service demand analysis, development of strategic operational supply options
• Demonstrated successful track record in leadership of high performing teams
• Experience of managing technology systems
• Experience of balancing the optimizing of productivity against provision of a service which provides equity of access
• Project management experience
• Performance management experience