Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
To provide leadership to members of the 247 Operations team to help prioritise, allocate, and efficiently manage any incident through to conclusion, keeping all stakeholders informed and following any procedures required to document and close, ensuring progress through shift changes and an up to date status on all supported services.
It is important that the person in the role understands the business of the overall Team and the culture required to provide the service. The role is shift based to reflect the nature of the operational work
Responsible for incident management, including the investigation and resolution of events and incidents and as required escalation to internal 3rd line support or 3rd party service providers. He/she will also be responsible for management notification and escalation.
Working with all members of the 247 Operations teams, 3rd line support and 3rd Party service providers to ensure that the Online Services (including content) are maintained and delivered with a view to exceed agreed SLA, whilst ensuring that human and technical resource capacity is maintained at an adequate level to meet planned requirements and that the team structure and skill sets are at all times optimised for the evolving needs of the business
Contributing to the development of the technology strategy from an Operations & Service Management perspective, ensuring that the aspirations of the content groups served can be operationally supported
• Managing a dedicated 247 shift personnel, ensuring that sufficient 1-2-1 and personal development plans, including Appraisals, training plans and required skill uplifts are identified and carried out for the shift.
• Ensuring that all working instructions, procedures and policies are maintained and are suitable to support the above areas and any associated functions
• Maintaining the support capabilities and team morale and provide guidance to the team along with clearly identified routes for escalation for the teams.
• Managing and tracking all open critical issues and ensuring resolution and deliverables are met to the agreed service Levels.
• Ensuring Critical/Major incidents are managed effectively, providing timely resolutions and adequate communications to Management and the relevant business areas during and post incident.
• Ensuring contributions to Post Incident Reviews are provided for major incidents and are fully documented within the Problem management system and that route cause and any remedial actions are identified and tracked through to completion within agreed timescales.
Free job description Operations Shift Leader
Managing a team of 247 Operations engineers on a dedicated 24x7 shift rota, reporting to the 247 Operations team Leader. To provide comprehensive Linux Operations and management expertise and be responsible for the monitoring the online Infrastructure through a mixture of bespoke and industry standard monitoring tools and initial trouble shooting, using defined procedures and run books. Responsible for monitoring various elements of the Infrastructure, including servers, network devices, storage, backup devices and databases as well as the online service applications and content delivery systems. Woring closely with 3rd Party Operations/Service providers who manage parts of the hardware and distribution infrastructure, ensuring the complete end to end service integrity is maintained.
The department is responsible for the provision, management and technical support for the systems, distribution infrastructure and applications
Essential Knowledge & Technical Experience
• Sound 24x7 Operational management with Linux and Internet skills with a proven track record of managing a shift/team delivering dynamic and critical online service offerings
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate decisions in the short, medium and long term
• Proven experience of working effectively with 3rd party service providers within the IT industry who manage production, QA or distribution infrastructure
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, specifically dealing with management and staff at all levels
• Knowledge of ITIL principles as listed below and how they relate to other IT disciplines.
• Service Operations
o Change & Release Management
o Incident Management
o Problem Management
o Event Management
• Ability to technically understand complex systems built from many separate hardware and software components
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
• Some experience in media and creative environments.
• Experience of working in an environment with a strong customer focus.
• A commitment to maintaining high industry Support standards and to providing an efficient and effective service.
• Experience of mission critical services in a major organisation
• Understanding of project management methodologies and experience of project managing complex IT installations or upgrades
• ITIL foundation certificate
• Recommending and implementing changes to day-to-day working practices, standards, policies, and procedures.
• Building relationships and seeking out and implementing common practices with other Operational groups and beyond.
• Building relationships with internal product groups, 3rd party suppliers
• And high profile service providers such as BT and Virgin. Striving to improve working practices and service deliverables
• Managing and working with the 3rdparty service providers, such as Siemens and Red Bee Media to ensure that the Online Services are maintained to or above agreed SLA
• Maintaining awareness and understanding of changes occurring or planned in the Live environment, together with an appreciation of wider trends and events which may impact the business, ensuring that all service changes are passed on to the incoming shift.
Management and development of staff
• Developing the 24x7 team members ensuring that they have appropriate skills to perform their role and providing such guidance, support and training as may be necessary to enable them so to do
• Complying with all relevant safety rules, procedures and guidelines
• Complying with the policies on diversity and accessibility and applying the principles of the policy when carrying out the role