Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Operations Supervisor job description
Under direction, plans, organizes, schedules, inspects, supervises, and oversees facilities support and operations services; oversees day-to-day operations of conference center and associated activities; and performs related duties as assigned.
5. Reviews and prioritizes facilities and operational support work orders; meets with staff to review work requirements and assign work orders; tracks the completion of work orders; coordinates activities and projects with administrators and other maintenance personnel.
6. Oversees operations of the print shop; ensures the effective use of staff to provide high quality and timely printing and reproduction services; with staff, determines print production orders to be completed by outside printers when warranted.
7. Oversees the conference center; supervises operations of the automated room reservation system; meets with staff and customers to resolve room conflicts and other problems and issues; manages and oversees setup/breakdown of rooms to meet customer requirements for size and type of event, including room and seating arrangements and audio-visual equipment needs.
8. Supervises and oversees custodial services performed by outside contractors; manages and monitors security activities performed by contract staff; reviews incident reports and coordinates the investigation and resolution of identified security and safety situations with Risk Management.
9. Oversees mail room operations and the standard and courier delivery of mail, packages and print production orders to locations; oversees and directs central warehouse operations, including the delivery and storage of purchased supplies, materials and equipment and the disposal of surplus inventory items.
10. Monitors and inspects the conference center and Kalmus facilities to ensure standards of appearance, cleanliness and safety are enforced; ensures the safety program and goals are implemented and carried out in the section; enforces compliance with all applicable environmental health laws, regulations and guidelines.
11. Provides technical assistance to staff; instructs and provides for the training of staff in work methods, use of tools and equipment and relevant safety precautions; inspects and evaluates work being performed, identifies problem areas and directs remedial action.
1. Communicates with vendors to research, test and evaluate products, equipment and techniques; selects and purchases supplies, equipment and other operations materials; maintains and controls an adequate inventory of materials and equipment.
2. Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports, including accident reports, maintenance and repair requests, inventories, cost estimates and hazardous materials reports.
1. Methods and practices used in the maintenance, repair and operations of business and commercial buildings and properties, including large scale meeting room spaces.
2. Methods, practices, procedures and terminology applicable to functional areas of responsibility, including printing and reproduction services, warehouse operations, mail room operations and custodial and security services.
3. Principles and practices of sound business communication.
4. Federal, State and local laws, regulations and court decisions applicable to assigned areas of responsibility.
5. Research methods and data analysis techniques.
6. Principles and practices of public administration for budgeting, purchasing and maintenance of public records.
7. Principles and practices of effective supervision.
8. Human resources policies and procedures and labor contract provisions.
1. Prioritize, organize and supervise facilities maintenance and repair and operational support program.
2. Define issues, analyze problems, evaluate alternatives and develop sound, independent conclu-sions and recommendations.
3. Interpret, explain and apply policies and State and federal laws and regulations applicable to assigned areas of responsibility.
4. Organize, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
5. Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Prepare clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports and other written materials.
7. Deal with sensitive and difficult situations.
8. Establish and maintain effective working relationships management, staff, contractors, vendors, suppliers and others encountered in the course of work.
9. Must demonstrate attendance sufficient to complete the duties of the position as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from a four-year college with a major in operations management, business administration or a closely related
field; and four years of experience in facilities maintenance, repair and operations, including experience in functional areas similar to those assigned in OCDE; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Additional experience may be substituted for the required education up to a maximum of two years.
Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising and overseeing a variety of facilities maintenance and repair activities performed by personnel and outside contractors and other operational support services ranging from reprographics to mail and courier services.
The incumbent oversees day-to-day operations of the heavily used conference center, including operations of the automated room reservation system and set up/breakdown of facilities for a variety of different types of events and uses.
The incumbent plans and organizes facilities and operational
support services to ensure effective and efficient support for staff in meeting business and instructional objectives. Duties and responsibilities are carried out with considerable independence within the framework of established policies, procedures and guidelines.
1. Plans, organizes, supervises and evaluates the work of assigned staff; with staff, develops, implements and monitors work plans to achieve assigned goals and objectives; participates in developing, implementing and evaluating work programs, plans, processes, systems and procedures to achieve program and goals, objectives and performance measures consistent with quality and service expectations.
2. Plans and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; establishes performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development goals; subject to management concurrence, takes disciplinary action, up to and including termination, to address performance deficiencies, in accordance with OCDE’s human resources policies and labor contract provisions.
3. Provides day-to-day leadership and works with staff to ensure a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment which supports achieving objectives and service expectations;
provides leadership and participates in programs and activities that promote a positive employee relations environment.
4. Supervises, oversees and monitors the work of facilities support staff engaged in providing varied facilities and equipment maintenance and repair services; integrates work performed by staff with larger or more specialized maintenance and repair jobs performed by contractors in accordance with standards for appearance, quality and cost-effectiveness; oversees implementation of work standards and procedures; supervises and monitors the development and implementation of preventative maintenance programs applicable to areas of responsibility.