Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To perform work that is both of a routine and non-routine nature, to carry out painting and decorating requirements and other buildings as directed by Management.
To ensure work is carried out in compliance with the s safety standards and procedures.
Painter and Decorator Job description
Communication and Team Working
• To carry at all times the s communication devices (Pagers, Two-way radios and mobile phones, if applicable) to facilitate immediate response to emergencies.
• To liaise with team Leader to request the supply of goods and/or services as necessary.
• Immediately notifies the Team leader of any deviation from the regulations
• Complete all report sheets as and when necessary
• Maintain ALL records and registers of equipment as required.
NVQ3 or equivalent
Latest Edition IEE certification
Inspection and testing certification
Low voltage competent person training
Ability to install, maintain and repair electrical services, plant and equipment
Computer literate on building management systems and software
Good experience of working in an electrical environment -
Preferably in a organisation
Ability to work alone or as part of a team
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to learn new skills
Ability to travel between sites
Able to join on-call team
Undertake out of hours working when required
Planning and Organising
• To carry out internal and external painting and decorating requirements
• To carry out plastering to walls to make good ready for decoration.
• Minor repairs to surfaces and structures prior to decorating/painting.
• Undertake minor repair works and general maintenance activities.
• To use all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works.
• Erecting of access equipment as required, with appropriate training and competency.
• Erection of all necessary access plant and temporary screening as and when required to protect the environment and people, all in accordance with current Health & Safety guidance.
• Carry out planned programme of painting and redecoration in accordance with the Estates work plan.
• Use all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works.
• Monitor decorating material stock and procure new stock as required.
• Provide operational support to all Estates functions in emergency situations.
• To undertake work in relation to:
- Sign writing and stencilling
- All types of wall papering
- Dry lining damaged walls
- Reglazing windows, including face putty.
- Plasterwork repairs.
- Cutting, fixing of plastic wall protection products.
- Replacing damaged floor tiles.
- Replacing damaged ceiling tiles.
- Fit new plasterboard and plaster.
- Coving and artexing
- Paint spraying.
• Removing paint with appropriate equipment.
• To prepare the area ready for decoration including the moving of heavy equipment i.e. fridges, filing cabinets, tables etc.
• To interpret and work from all instructions, drawings and specification appropriate to his trade, without supervision.
• To undertake snow clearing and road gritting as and when required, as instructed by the Estates Team Leaders and Estates Officers.
Managing – People and Resources
• Co-ordinating painting duties with departmental staff.
• To be conversant and qualified to use and maintain all relevant hand and power hand tools, and workshop equipment in a safe effective manner. Be capable of carrying out a good standard of workmanship in all duties as directed by the team leader or works superintendent.
• To request assistance from team leader where task exceeds loan worker capabilities.
Training and Teaching
• To undertake training as required, enabling post holder to carry out the services, providing efficient running of the department and to obtain new skills/techniques.
• To attend mandatory and other appropriate training and development courses as identified.
• Maintain a good working knowledge and understanding of quality improvement.
Policy and Procedures
• Works with and follows all safety guidelines at all times whilst working on Estates plant & equipment.
• Work in accordance with COSHH guidelines and requirements.
• To conform to the Major Incident Procedure
• Actively participate in the operation of the Estates labour control scheme by working within the scheme including completion of all paperwork required of the scheme. (Including completion of all job dockets and timesheets). To participate in regular team briefings.
• To participate in the Appraisal system and Personal Development planning