Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Patient Services Officer job description
The post holder will undertake the routine clerical duties of the Patient Services Department. Responsible for processing patient registration information and ensures that the PPSA database is accurately updated. Responsible for processing patient medical records and ensures that they are forwarded, received and stored appropriately.
Main areas of authority
• Update patient registration information and process medical records in accordance with standard operating procedures or instruction from the supervisor.
• Maintain and improve the data quality of the information held on the database and liaise with medical staff and patients as required to achieve this.
• Report any non-routine problems to either the Patient Services Supervisor or Patient Services Assistants for follow up action.
• Answer routine telephone calls from patients, GP Practices and other organisations and deal with enquiries providing non-clinical advice and information.
• Demonstrate own tasks to new starters.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Undertake the processing of the manual and electronic registration of patients and amendments to patient details. Ensure that the patient details are accurate and check that any Residential Institute code is entered correctly.
• Process data received from the ORGANISATION Central Register electronic link to ensure that the patient registration status and ORGANISATION number is recorded accurately on the database.
• Use the National Strategic Tracing Service (NSTS) and the Clinical Spine Application (CSA) to trace and verify patient registration details.
• Undertake the matching and linking process of patient addresses to the Post Office Address File (PAF) to ensure demographic details are recorded accurately.
• Process and respond to requests for patient information received from letters, fax and e-mail as appropriate. Action and send routine correspondence and enquiry letters and ensure that the database is updated accordingly.
• Undertake the preparation and printing of various tasks associated with the patient registration process.
• Process application forms for the Organ and Blood donor register for submission to the Organ and Blood donor register.
• Forward and receive medical records ensuring that the database is updated with accurate information. Ensure that the medical records are labelled correctly and repair or replace the medical record cover if required. Ensure that the medical records are filed correctly for onward distribution or storage.
• Action urgent requests for medical records and ensure that the medical record is retrieved and forwarded as soon as possible.
• Action outstanding medical record reports from GP Practices and other Primary Care Agencies to ensure requests for medical records are followed up appropriately. Ensure duplicate print-outs of notes are obtained and forwarded where medical records have potentially been lost.
Sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
Good verbal and written communication skills required to liaise with staff and deal with enquiries.
Working as part of a team to achieve deadlines.
• Request the retrieval of medical records from the Warehouse when required.
• Photocopy medical records as part of the access to medical records process.
• Forward and receive temporary resident clinical information and building letters as appropriate.
• Undertake general clerical duties associated with the above including distribution and filing of documents and records in order that they can be traced and retrieved when required.