Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Payroll Accountant Job description
Performs a variety of technical and advanced accounting duties involved in the processing of the payroll to ensure the timely, accurate payment of employees on a biweekly basis; and performs related duties as assigned.
• Effective communication, both orally and written;
• Computer hardware and automated accounting systems;
• Techniques in data verification and data entry;
• Proper coding of documents;
• County and departmental policies and procedures;
• Office practices and procedures;
• Accounting principles, practices, and methods;
• Cost, governmental and fixed assets accounting;
• Financial record keeping practices.
• Operating automated accounting systems and general office equipment;
• Performing data entry, at times in a repetitive fashion;
• Identifying and reporting discrepancies;
• Interacting with various groups of diverse individuals;
• Creates and processes paychecks on a biweekly basis, including retroactive and termination
• Responds to inquiries made by departments and/or the public;
• Reviews and posts changes to employee records for taxes, direct deposits, benefit and other general
• Reconciles, and processes biweekly federal and state tax payments, child support, levies,
garnishments, and various other deductions communicating with outside agencies to resolve
• Prepares quarterly and annual federal and state taxes and other required reports.
• Reconciles and produces W-2’s and 1099’s.
• Maintain vendor files(new and existing) including Taxpayer Identification Numbers on all vendors,
• Establishes and maintains financial information base, reporting procedures and controls;
• Ensures financial integrity by tracking and keeping history of financial information;
• Prepares various types of financial reports;
• Reviews timesheets to ensure accuracy, completeness and adherence to all county regulations.
• Monitors and evaluates payroll information systems, recommends improvements to management;
• Ensures that records are monitored accordingly.