Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Payroll Supervisor Job Description
1. Prepares and enters data for monthly payroll payments computing proper payment
according to employees’ status (i.e. 9-month, 10-month, 12-month, full-time or parttime)
for classified employees
2. Collects and verifies time sheets and maintains overtime records for central office staff
3. Collects and maintains overtime reports from all sites
14. Verifies changes in salaries and employment status as authorized by Department of Human Resources
15. Records 12-month pay option for appropriate 10-month employees
16. Answers employees’ inquiries pertaining to payroll policies and procedures and
17. Assists the Finance Officer and Payroll Supervisor with other duties as requested
18. In absence of Payroll Supervisor, is responsible for payroll operations
19. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Physical and Cognitive Requirements
The major physical and cognitive requirements listed below are applicable to the Assistant
Payroll Supervisor job classification
Work in this classification is considered light physical work requiring the exertion of up to 20
pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move
· prepare, read and comprehend a variety of job related forms, reports,
spreadsheets, maps, plans, records, documentation and correspondence in all
languages required by the job
· understand and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style
· speak to individuals or groups of people with poise, voice control and confidence
· respond adequately to inquiries or complaints
· write using standard convention in all languages required by the job
· apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data,
establish facts and draw valid conclusions
· Associate’s Degree preferred
· Graduation from high school and any equivalent combination of
training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills
4. Processes direct deposit requests for employees
5. Determines and sets up appropriate pay category
6. Collects and verifies monthly time sheets for bus drivers
7. Enters data for bus drivers’ payroll and verifies
8. Helps with questions from substitute teachers
9. Completes employment verifications
10. Posts absences for principals, central office staff and finance
11. Prepares supplements and ABC payrolls
12. Seals laser checks, direct deposits and W-2s and prepares for distribution
13. Maintains employee payroll records, including data such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, retirement numbers, employment anniversary, years of service, deduction information, direct deposit requests, tax forms, sick leave, annual leave, personal leave, days worked and days paid
· apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral or diagrammatic form
· communicate effectively and efficiently in all languages required by the job using
whatever communication device or system is required (telephone, Braille)
· use/interpret job related terminology, mathematical formulas and functions
effectively and efficiently
· deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions
· perform under stress, deal with persons acting under stress and adapt when
confronted with emergency situations
· be sensitive to cultural differences among individuals and groups of persons
· operate a motor vehicle
· operate/use a variety of automated office machines and other office equipment
· operate/use a variety of printing/graphic arts machines
· operate/use a variety of audiovisual/electronic machines and devices
· operate/use a variety of communication machines/equipment/devices
· operate/use a variety of job specific machines/equipment