Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To provide an extensive, responsive and efficient support service to users on a range of PC issues and on networking & system faults where appropriate. Dealing with problems promptly, and ensuring that user requirements are met and that operational procedures are adhered to.
To provide technical advice, and to work closely with colleagues to maintain agreed service levels.
To implement and work on specific IT projects as required.
1. To communicate complex advice and give guidance or training to technical and non technical users in a clear non-technical manner.
2. To monitor own workload to ensure that response times agreed in the Operational Partnership Agreements are adhered to, and that allocated calls do not breach the times agreed in the Operational Partnership Agreements.
3. To plan, manage and prioritise own workload. To respond to changing work priorities on a daily basis, as directed by the PC Support manager.
4. Provide advice on best IT practice and technical specifications on a comprehensive range of computer hardware and software to IT users. To encourage users to adopt best IT practice on the use of IT equipment and integrity of data.
5. To support the Procurement Officers by providing IT hardware and software advice as required.
6. To support, maintain and resolve faults on IT hardware and software, replacing components, and using specialist technical tools and test equipment to diagnose and resolve faults. Installing and reloading software or reconfiguring systems where required, either via the telephone, by remote access software, or by site visit to the customer.
7. To work as a member of the PC Support Team, in accordance with standard procedures.
8. To maintain the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data when carrying out any work on IT equipment, ensuring that data is securely stored on file servers or other media to ensure that the data is not accessible by unauthorised personnel.
9. To install IT equipment in accordance with HHIS and Health and Safety procedures.
10. To ensure that new installations are tested against the installation checklist and that the customer is satisfied before leaving the site.
11. To assist with the disposal of redundant equipment by collecting, transporting, labelling and logging equipment to be disposed of by a contracted third party.
12. To ensure that anti-virus software is installed and configured to be updated as set out in the procedure manual.
13. To provide network support, working collaboratively with the Network team.
14. To work with the Systems Team on specific tasks or projects as and when requested.
15. To work on and be responsible for specific IT projects, which will require the planning and organisation of complex tasks as required.
16. To help analyse, compare and implement new hardware and software products and services.
Qualifications: special/vocational training: specific competence required
Educated to degree level or two year’s experience of working in a PC Support environment
Understanding of IT Security issues including anti-virus measures.
Knowledge and experience of office systems, word processing, email and calendar software
Understanding of PC networking
Good understanding of Information Technology.
Working as part of a team.
Delivering to deadlines
Literate and numerate.
An excellent understanding of Microsoft PC operating systems
An excellent understanding of IT hardware issues.
Car owner & driver
Ability to prepare reports.
Able to use specialist technical tools and test equipment to diagnose and resolve faults.
Able to promote the service to ICT customers.
Excellent telephone and customer care skills.
Flexible attitude to working.
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Ability to work on own initiative.
Responsive and enthusiastic.
Practical approach to problem solving.
Customer focused approach
Ability to work under pressure
PC Support Technician job description
17. To undertake research to ensure that the PC Support team gives up-to-date and accurate advice on IT products, services and security; advising the PC Support and Procurement Manager where developments may help to improve service delivery.
18. To install remote access software and train customers in its use.
19. To help maintain operational procedures and system documentation.
20. To complete Service Visit Reports and Calling Cards as appropriate.
21. To complete installation and change forms to maintain the accuracy of the Helpdesk inventory database.
22. Contribute to reviews of HHIS policies.
General Duties and Responsibilities
23. To provide cover for the PC Support and Procurement Manager if required.
24. To ensure that appropriate security policies and guidelines are adhered to and to notify senior management of any security risks or issues.
25. To be responsible for, and take ownership of, own continuous personal development, undertaking relevant training as and when appropriate.
26. To work closely with other teams within HHIS and to participate fully in departmental duties.
27. To participate in regular IT hardware and software audits.
28. To ensure that all jobs and calls on the helpdesk database are updated and closed in a timely fashion.