Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Personal Assistant job description
1. Provide a comprehensive secretarial service, organising and making arrangements, typing and distribution of documents and reports, recording information and filing, ensuring that all information and documentation is produced to expected standards of performance, and according to agreed timescales,
2. Proactively manage diary commitments by liasing with others, internally and externally, ensuring that all the required preparation is accurate and available, and that all Consultants/others are briefed on any difficulties, problems or issues,
3. Build and maintain constructive relationships with others, within and across Divisions and externally in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of services to patients,
4. Exercise own judgement, based on acquired knowledge and experience, as to when to deal with queries personally and when to contact the Consultants or clinical professional, and with what degree of urgency, according to agreed guidelines,
5. Be fully conversant with all required electronic systems for correspondence, including specialist computer systems associated with the management of patients and/or health information, and being able to obtain information using the Internet,
6. Represent the Division at meetings, both as a participant, and/or to produce minutes, document notes and action plans, distributing information as required,
7. Prioritise work, and take appropriate steps to manage incoming and outgoing requests for action and/or information, including follow up, according to agreed timescales,
8. Prioritise and take appropriate action concerning clinical investigations and other appropriate matters within guidelines agreed by the Consultants or clinical professionals,
9. Provide information to patients/relatives and carers where appropriate, including agreed information on waiting lists, tests and referrals, according to agreed guidelines, where appropriate,
To provide a comprehensive, quality, confidential secretarial service to Consultant staff and their medical teams, or to clinical professional teams as appropriate. A key requirement of the job is to organise workload with the Consultants/clinical teams and co-ordinate their activities to ensure that an efficient service is provided. The post holder will be expected to monitor and assess workload amongst the team, including being able to identify and step-in to fill gaps, to ensure continuity of services. It is essential that the post holder is able to exercise initiative suitable to the role and is fully supportive to other colleagues in the administrative team.
10. Participate in the co-ordination, organisation and production of duty rotas, including on-call duty rotas, where appropriate,
11. Prepare and produce documentation, handbooks, and any relevant information packs, by liasing with others to ensure accuracy, consistency and completeness of information.
12. Support the Consultants/clinical professionals in audit activity as necessary including managing databases, obtaining information and preparing questionnaires and in the presentation of the results,
13. Support the Consultants/clinical professionals in any other role they undertake within the Company, Deanery, Royal Colleges or voluntary organisations.
14. Develop and maintain systems and processes to establish and maintain effective communication, and confidentiality of information,
15. Support the development and maintenance of systems and processes to continually monitor standards, e.g. benchmarking, audit, and implement action plans to improve quality of services,
16. Support the Workload Coordinator/Departmental Manager to ensure that lessons are learnt from issues arising from risk reports/complaints etc, and that they are promptly and positively addressed,
17. Contribute to the development and implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines related to services, and contribute the development of other policies.
18. Ensure compliance with Company policies, procedures and guidelines for self and others, by taking action/alerting senior management team if practice appears to contravene policy, or if concerned about any aspect of patient care.
19. Act as a role model by demonstrating leadership and expertise, and by maintaining credibility within the Division, the wider health care community and external agencies, ensuring a positive image of the Company is maintained,
20. Support the Workload Coordinator/Departmental Manager by participating in recruitment, and ensuring that staff induction and orientation, and mandatory training take place according to Company policy,
21. Supervise junior administrative staff ensuring that work is appropriately prioritised and managed, providing support, advice and guidance to help others learn and develop in their role,
22. Support the Division in the effective use of resources, e.g. staff, budget, premises, equipment, supplies and materials, maintaining adequate stationery supplies and other resources for secretarial staff and others, ensuring that costs and waste are kept to a minimum,
23. Develop and maintain systems and processes to promote monitor and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining accurate documentation and reporting any concerns.
24. Take responsibility for own learning and development by recognising and taking advantage of all opportunities to learn, including full participation in KSF/appraisal, supervision, action learning and by maintaining a professional/personal portfolio of learning,
25. Provide expert advice and work based training from a sound knowledge base, to junior administrative staff, evaluating the impact of learning on improving services,
26. In conjunction with the Workload Coordinator/Departmental Manager, develop and maintain systems and processes to ensure that learning needs are identified and met, and that all learning is planned, implemented, evaluated and shared in order to change and improve services according to changing health care needs.
This job description is an outline of the role and function. It is not intended to describe all specific tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/ PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
RSA Audio typing or equivalent
RSA 3 typewriting or equivalent experience
Proficient in computer skills, ECDL or equivalent Microsoft Office
Significant Medical secretarial experience/A&C 4 equivalent experience relevant to the post
Current Professional and COMPANY Issues
Importance of equality, diversity and rights
Sound knowledge of confidentiality in accordance with Data Protection Act and national/local guidelines
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to write detailed and accurate reports
Effective customer service skills
Ability to prioritise own work, across the Division, liasing with other staff & teams
Ability to identify problems and develop creative solutions
Good interpersonal skills
Decision making autonomy
Demonstrate good organisational and time management skills
Ability to motivate and develop people
Proactively manage change