Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
Experience preferred but not essential, as full in
house training given
SKILLS / ABILITIES
Quick learner, basic hygiene knowledge
• Ability to learn about and deal with blood borne
• Good communication skills
Willingness to learn new skills. Ability to work as
part of a team but also having the ability to work on
• Ability to cope with work pressures when working in
high care areas when having difficulty in collecting
blood sample from patients
Phlebotomist job description
•To provide a high quality Phlebotomy service to Day Unit and inpatient
wards requiring venesection services
1. To receive all patients in a calm, courteous and reassuring manner and
uphold the confidentiality, dignity and best customer care practice for all
patients/clients at all times.
2. To identify the correct patient against the blood request form and collect
and accurately label blood samples from all patients according to
Pathology Standard Operating Procedures (local policies).
3. To visit wards regarding provision of Phlebotomy services if and when
4. To liaise with ward staff regarding request/patient condition.
5. To prioritise work according to fasting/urgent requests to ensure a prompt
service and to deliver all samples to laboratory reception within an
appropriate time frame.
6. To ensure full explanation is given to patient prior to performing the task.
7. To inform the Nurse in Charge /Team Leader if unable to bleed any
8. To provide assistance to all patients experiencing difficulties during and
following procedure (e.g. those patients feeling dizzy, sick or faint).
9. To be familiar with all Standard Venesection Procedures, especially in
relation to the control of infection (e.g. needle stick injury, disposal of
sharps, blood borne viruses, using disposable gloves and tourniquets).
10. To ensure 100% compliance with Infection Control and Hand Hygiene
Policy at all times.
11. To adhere to Health and Safety regulations as laid down by the current
Health and Safety at Work legislation.
12. To be supportive towards new staff, to work together as a team, help
maintain morale and report any problems or issues to the person in
13. To attend mandatory study sessions as required on Basic Life Support,
Infection Prevention and Control, Blood Borne Virus and Fire Control,
and to keep abreast of current developments in Phlebotomy.
14. To take responsibility for own personal development and education,
including in-house training and maintaining personal development plan to
be identified at Individual Performance Review (IPR).
15. To maintain competence in Phlebotomy skills and the use of pertinent
equipment, being aware of own limitations and seeking advice when
Phlebotomist job description
16. To take and report telephone enquiries and to deal with minor queries
and refer other issues to the person in charge.
17. To maintain adequate stocks of consumables and equipment in the work
area, take delivery of stores and identify shortages of any items to the
Manager / Deputy.
18. To be responsible for the cleaning of individual trolleys prior to
procedures and cleaning of the clinical area/equipment (e.g. work tops,
chairs and patient trolley).
19. To ensure that the Trust’s policies and procedures specific to Phlebotomy
are adhered to (e.g. needle-phobic patients, patients requiring medical
20. To participate in collection of data regarding number of
bleeds/attendance of patients for audit purposes as required.
All employees must abide by the guidance set out in the Code of
Conduct and Standard Business Conduct for Staff, as
amended or replaced from time to time.